cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What 'actual' colour is the Gold / Platinum S6 Edge?

robthmson
3: Seeker

Seems like a daft question, but I ordered one of these online yesterday after convincing myself it was more a platinum / silver colour. When I looked at a couple of different websites it definitely looked like a proper yellow / gold colour. Can't find a shop with a dummy handset in this colour, has anyone on here actually handled one, and if so, what's the lowdown on the colour? Really hoping it's silver rather than something that looks like MC Hammer's lamé trousers!

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9

Archi
4: Newbie

It definitely looked more of a Platinum colour. I saw one last week in a Three store. Not the same colour as MC Hammer's trousers I can assure you.

Nice, cheers for the reply Archi.
MC Hammer's trousers are definitely not on my check list for how I want my new phone to look :smileywink:

see a workin version in EE shop and it looked more silver

robthmson

progress report...

Went into the local Vodafone shop, only had the white one. Sales rep reliably informed me that the gold platinum one was definitely gold (i.e. yellow - disaster)

Went into Three, they told me you could only get them in the UK in black or white.

O2 told me it didn't matter what colour you bought as you could change the coloured parts (??!!)

Heavy hearted, I trudge on to EE, the clouds broke, the sun came streaming down, and lo, before me lay the gold platinum handset - AND IT'S SILVER :smileyvery-happy: (even though the guy told me that was definitely the white colour...)

Thanks for the responses folks, appreciated

Oh i didnt know you could change the colour parts!!Might actually get the green i wanted all along after all if the pearl white isnt as nice as hoped for

robthmson

you can't, the point I was making is that nobody in any of the phone shops I went into yesterday had the slightest clue what they were talking about...

Oh right....sorry having a blonde moment!Would of been good though lol!

guinea19833
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Im risking the pearl white,Wanted it in green but couldnt find it anywhere..Would of liked a play with the phone first to see if i like it but not meant to be!Cant find edge in any shop where i live 😞

robthmson

So I had a live chat with Vodafone this morning to get an update on the expected delivery date for my new phone, chap tells me it's likely to be well into May. Before hanging up, I thought I'd take the opportunity to get his take on the colour, thinking he's bound to have seen one now it's been out nearly a week. "Champagne" says he, "but you've ordered white".

I then had to spend the best part of 3 hours on live chats & phonecalls to VF, have had to cancel my original order cos the rep ordered the wrong colour, and re-order the gold one. Consequently I've lost my place in the 'queue', and won't be seeing my new handset for another 6 weeks. Massively disappointed in Vodafone right now.