Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why are the text messages not being received on Samsung 1205

templeton
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My friends mother has a Samsung 1205. She is on the Vodafone family plan.   She does not make calls or send text messages - the phone is mainly so that my friend can contact her mom, however, recently non of the text messages are being received by friends mother,  its as though they are all blocked, my friend has tried various things to unblock and reset the phone etc but nothing apparently is working. Has anyone got any ideas on what she can try please

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Options such as->

If the phone has text / caller blocking facilities check that it's not been accidentally added on both phones. 

Look to see if the Contact is duplicated in the Contacts App. 

Delete the Contact from the Contacts App and Re Enter it.

Sometimes a Sim swap which moves the tariff and mobile number to a new SIM card can help. Any Vodafone Highstreet store can do this.

Double check with customer service via 191 and or live chat that nothing is on the account causing this.  Ask the other person to check with Customer services too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks - my friend said to thank you and she will try your suggestion.  She has already checked the blocked numbers.  Thanks again

BandOfBrothers

My pleasure. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@templeton

If your friends Mum has only been using the phone to receive calls and texts, I suspect the problem here could be your friends Mum has not been using her phone and making a chargeable activity which could have resulted in her service being restricted.

With PAYG, even though the phone is used to receive, it is still necessary to make a chargeable activity.  If the phone is not used for a lengthy period, the number gets disconnected from the network.

Ask you friend to try topping up her Mum's phone with some credit and making a chargeable connection.  If the phone is still showing Vodafone UK as the network, she may have caught it in time.

If the SIM rejects the top up, it will be too late and she will need a new SIM with a different number and remember to use the service for outgoing as well as incoming to keep the SIM active. 

@templeton

Ask you friend to ask her Mum whether she has been topping up and making a regular chargeable outgoing activity.

I believe  friends mother can ring out because she is on family plan with three or four numbers she uses regular eg home.  As I am not sure of the family plan and its use obviously I have limited knowledge of the exact problem, but as I understand (until I can speak with my friend)   Mother is on family plan with three or four numbers she would use on a sort of regular basis  - whether that is a ring back system or something I don't know - but her daughters number and that of another family member are not on the family plan  so she cannot contact them but their texts would get through until recently.     Blocked numbers have been checked and the sim has been removed and put back and the phone has been turned off etc.  Whatever else has been tried I don't know!      

Personally if it was my mother I would start afresh but I said  would try and help and I can only thank all of you who have offered solutions.