Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is my Phone black listed?

labied
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I purchased my Samsung Note 3 from Amazon on the 15th November 2013.

I was with GiffGaff for about a year then decided to switch to Vodafone becuase of a better signal in our area. I have been with Vodafone on monthely contract for about 4 or 5 months, no problem. Suddenely I lost network connection with Vodafone. When I enquierd from Vodafone technical support informed me that my phone is black listed. They will not tell me who black listed it. I don't have an insurance and the phone was paid for in November 2013. So who can black list my own personal property and whod do I get it re intalled?  This is my personal property and I have no idea how dare any one black list it.

Please any one advice or share your experince with simillar incident.

Thank you all

Labied

7 REPLIES 7

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Hiya, 

Vodafone won't be able to tell you who blocked it in many cases (I could be wrong) in case they give private info out so to speak.

As you bought it off amazon you have it in purchase history was it new or used when purchased? 
you have the reciept/order details you can send to Vodafone to confirm it's yours and Amazon may be able to help with a paper copy to send it if required. 

I hope you can get it sorted but I'm unsure on the way blocking works. 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

hrym
17: Community Champion

Incorrect blacklistings can be caused by the old phat phinger problem or, in rare caes, by a duplicated IMEI (someone else has a phone with the same identity number that's been blocked correctly).  I'd follow hooker1UK's advice.

It was purchased new in a sealed box.

I will wait and see what Vodofone responce is.

I have bought it new from Amazon. It came in a sealed box in November 2013. I have the receipet and the original box that also shows the same EMI number as the phone.

I have the Credit card details showing that I paid for it in full.

Who do I provide this information to? I was with giffgaff for nearly a year prior to moving to Vodafone as the signal is better in my house.

Until I find who blacklisted me or blocked me I can't take action against them.

I have asked Vodafone to provide the name of the Network that blocked me. If they do, I will contact them to request that they unblock me and depend who it sis may be request them to compensate me. If Vodafone don't provide that information, how do I go about finding it?

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thank you all

Thank you for your advice. I have purchased it new in asealed box from Amazon. I have all the paper work and the original box that shows the same EMI number as the phone. I am waiting to see what Vodafone responce is. If they don't tell me who blocked my phone, how can I find out which network blocked my phone?

Thank You

Labied

hrym

This has come up before, and I'm pretty sure Vodafone were able to see which network had applied the block.   If you can't get help anywhere else, hang on here.   If the forum team can do anything, they'll respond to your posta dn you can take it from there.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @labied

I've sent some instructions to your Private Message inbox.

We reply to most emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please come and chat to us on Live help. :Winking_smiley:

We'll see if we can find out where the bar originated.

Cheers,

Ben