Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why isn't my SIII charging?

Lolli101
9: Established
Whats gone wrong?

It's been plugged in to mains since 7am starting with 7% charge, I had to use it to make a call and to come onto the forum and now I've only 3% battery????

Any ideas??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I had  an S3 that wouldn't charge. I took it to a Geek Squad outlet in a Carphone Warehouse and they repaired it there and then while I waited under warranty.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Lolli101
Oh thanks jeffkin, just had to ask my son exactly what you meant by geek squad though, even though he thinks I've become too geeky!
He told me to ring & ask if the branch I'd go to has a geek squad inhouse or check online first.
I would of just gone.

Really hope they have geek squad as their customer service, knowledge and the time they give to each customer to solve problems is actually the very best customer care I've had in years, very thorough.
Otherwise it says on Samsung website there's a authorised Samsung place about 10 miles from here.

Really appreciate your help, advice and support.

Have any of you got the S5?

Lolli101
Hey Northern-dj, that's fabulous information. Can I ask did it cost you anything?
I kind of wonder if some of the issues I've had recently could of actually all been due to this and maybe I should of gone to Samsung/CPW before?

I have so enjoyed my first smartphone and all the facilities its given and also learning about upto date technology really. I feel a bit sad saying that really!
Can't wait to get it right and then to research if I upgrade to the S5?

Lolli101
Hey guys, took my phone to Carphone Warehouse & they sent it to Samsung who fixed it under the warranty and returned it in 6 days, brilliant.
CW gave better, quicker service than the Vodafone shops I've previously used.
They tried instore to fix the problems even though they weren't a Geek Squad store, they also advised that as I couldn't synchronise the contents that it was best to take it directly to the official Samsung store as they try to fix the problems without erasing any data however I chose to let CW send it off.

Now it charges really really quickly!
Though I haven't tried Kies to sync with my pc yet.

Really pleased Jeffkin advised to go to CW, thanks Jeffkin.