cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Will Samsung S5 SM-G900A work with Vodafoe SIM (at least 3G)?

alzora
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am currently living in the UK and need to purchase a phone to use with my SIM Only plan with VF. I will be here until April of 2015 before returning to the US. I am interested in buying an unlocked Samsung S5 from  the US when I visit over the holidays, the model used on the AT&T network in the US, which is SM-G900A. I want to do this so that I buy I phone I know will work in the US and work with AT&T''s LTE (4G) network, but that I can use for the next few months while I am still here in the UK with my VF SIM. I am fine if I only get 3G here in the UK, as long as it works.

From the research I have done (regarding frequencies and bands supported by AT&T vs. Vodafone), this should be possible but I was looking for some verification here on the eforum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I see you have looked at what Vodafone frequencies they use. 

Frequencies used on the Vodafone UK network
Frequency Protocol Class
900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
1800 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
800 MHz LTE 4G
2600 MHz LTE Advanced

If the phone your interested in has these frequencies and is fully unlocked to accept any SIM card it may work. 

I think its reasonable to say no one is going to be 100% guarantee it will work and you'd only really know when you insert the SIM card. The network wouldn't be able to confirm support. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers

I see you have looked at what Vodafone frequencies they use. 

Frequencies used on the Vodafone UK network
Frequency Protocol Class
900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
1800 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G
900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
2100 MHz UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+ 3G
800 MHz LTE 4G
2600 MHz LTE Advanced

If the phone your interested in has these frequencies and is fully unlocked to accept any SIM card it may work. 

I think its reasonable to say no one is going to be 100% guarantee it will work and you'd only really know when you insert the SIM card. The network wouldn't be able to confirm support. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.