Android
Learn useful hints and tips about phones using the Google Android OS.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Note 3 to Note 9 sim swap

I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to replace my Note 3. I assume it will be easy to take the sim out of the Note 3 and pop it into the Note 9?  

Wifi outage on Sony Xperia XZPremium

I am constantly losing my WiFi signal despite a signal being shown and other devices working perfectly well. Sony say this is a known problem and has been resolved by the latest software - The affected software versions are 47.1.A.12.34 or earlier on...

Galaxy S8 unresponsive install button.

I have been trying to install showbox on my Galaxy S8 which is currently on Android Oreo 8.1. But as I open the apk file and proceed with the installation I am unable to click on the Install button. However I can click on Cancel button. I don't under...

RCS not working for all contacts

Can Vodafone help to identify why RCS is only working with a few contacts.  I'm using the default  Samsung  messages app with my Note 9, tried Android Messages and have the same result. My wife who has an Huawei P20 Lite has also seen the service com...

spackmc by 4: Newbie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 thanks

Vodafone V8 firmware update

My Vodafone V8 phone went through a firmware update two weeks ago. According to the settings the build number is now VFD-710_MRB03, Since this has happened the battery usage has increased dramtaically. Last night for example when I last used it was a...

ch_1969 by 1: Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 thanks

Smart v8 / VFD 710 09/18 update info?

Is there somewhere we can get the patchnotes for this update? Is like i kernal update or a adroid update? Don't really want to take the chance and update if i don't care about the fixes. Surprised there's an update at all since they don't sell the ph...

Wifi calling and 4g calling unbranded s9

Hi just signed up to a vodafone sim only and wondering if anyone can confirm if wifi calling and 4 calling is available on unbranded samsung s9 phones? I did have a look on the copatibility list but does not specify that the phone has to be bought fr...

Watty88 by 2: Seeker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 thanks

Roaming

In France. Vodafone text says all ok for in France. But sweet FA for phone text etc, why? Settings all seem good. 

richv by 2: Seeker
  • 1 replies
  • 0 thanks