cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

can i get a replacement phone?? please help!?

ZoeEdwards41
1: Seeker
Hello i dropped my phone yesterday and it smashed all my screen and no i cant do much with it at all. i am on contract with you so does this mean i could get a replacement phone? its a Samsung galaxy s3 . many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Sorry to hear about what has happened to your handset.  Just because you are on contract, doesn't mean that you get a replacement phone, especially as it is physically damaged.  Do you have phone insurance?  If so, you will be able to claim on the policy and get a replacement phone that way. If not, the only way to get a replacement is to buy one.

You could also check your household insurance and see if your device is covered there.  Also your bank account may give you phone cover.

PWIAC

ZoeEdwards41
1: Seeker
thank you .x

Northern-dj
It also depends how far in on your contract you are it may pay to speak to the leaving department my s3 died and they helped
But it is dependent on your contract
This then means you then can claim on any insurance then sell the S3 may be worth a call

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It would also be worth getting a quote for a repair.  Screens, fitted, tend to come in around £150 - £200, depending on whether anything else has to be done.   You might find an independent repairer who'd charge less, but they'll invalidate your warranty if they're not an authorised agent.

It would be worth asking both Vodafone and Samsung for a ballpark figure fro comparison.   I believe Carphone Warehouse's Geek Squad are Samsung-authorised.  If they have people instore, they may be able to have a look and give you a price on the spot.

It's a lot of money, but cheaper than a new phone if you don't have insurance.   When is your contract up?   If it's fairly soon, you could buy something basic to tide you over until your earliest upgrade date.  You could also look at the cost of buying out the remainder of your contract and upgrading now.   That'll work out at the monthly charge less VAT and and with a 2% discount.  191 or LiveChat will be able to give you a specific quote.

illena
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

In case such you should immediately [Removed by Moderator] Customer Services by phone so that your SIM can be immediately blocked  and later on when you get new mobile set, you can get  your sim activated. 

However, if your phone was insured with Vodafone, you can call Vodafone Claims Helpline team and make a claim.

In case, you’re a Pay Monthly customer, your phone will be charged for any calls made before you report the lost or stolen case. Moreover, your monthly rental will carry on.

On the other hand, Pay As You Go customers are not required to pay anything until your SIM is blocked.

You can easily get a substitute/replacement SIM card from the local Vodafone store, following breakdown of your phone. 

Note from Moderator: Removed link to third party directory, if you do need to contact us please use the options available here.