Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

cant get onto the internet

NewToVodafone99
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi This is my first timeon Vodafone and my first time using a smart phone (samsung galaxy fame). I cant access the internet (just comes up page not available) and im guessing its because the internet isnt set up right, I tried making a new access point with the settings on the vodaphone set up page but when i try to save it the new setting wont appear in my access point menu.

I dont really know anything about these new phons so any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Matt B, you were right. my problem is solved

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

HiNewToVodafone99,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

You can get your settings sent automatically here. Alternatively, text the word WEB to 40127 and we'll send them to you.

If you're still struggling, let me know if you're on a monthly plan or PAYG. Also, let me know if the internet connects OK when you're connected to Wi-Fi. 

Cheers, Ben

Hi sorry its taken so long toget back to you. I recieved the information by text and installed the new data but i still can't get a network connection. The phone works fine on my home wifi network but when i turn wifi off and try to connect i still get a message staying there's no network connection. I also tried to look for the mobile network with the wifi on but as I thought the phone only sees the local connections (my home wifi and the connections of those down the street) If it helps the phone settings say:

Access point name: PAYG WAP

Network Mode: GSM/WCDMA (auto mode)

Network operator: Says select- When I select the only vodafone is vodafone uk. I select it and it saya registered on network. I return to the settings menu and Network Operator still says select a network operator.

I'm not all that sure how to test the moble network itself but hopefully you can see the problem.

dahmed4
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

hello;

if you can go to settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks>mobile data>switch that to on

then go to access point names then make sure to choose vodafone contract 

if you can't get that press on the menu key and you will find reset to default ,press it then select the contract settings

if you can't find that press the menu key and select new apn and fill it with the below :

Name: Vodafone internet

APN:wap.vodafone.co.uk

username :wap

Password :wap

then press on the menu key again and press save ,activate the profile you just created and you will be ready to go 

:smileywink:

Thank you dahmed4 but i already tried this and the phone just deletes the settings, leaving the new network blank

Rank 1: Guest
NewToVodafone99
cant get onto the internet

Hi This is my first timeon Vodafone and my first time using a smart phone (samsung galaxy fame). I cant access the internet (just comes up page not available) and im guessing its because the internet isnt set up right, I tried making a new access point with the settings on the vodaphone set up page but when i try to save it the new setting wont appear in my access point menu.

I dont really know anything about these new phons so any help is appreciated

Share to FacebookShare to TwitterMore...

Message 1 of 4 (650 Views)

Tech Team
Ben_H
Re: cant get onto the internet

HiNewToVodafone99,

Welcome to the eForum. :smileyhappy:

You can get your settings sent automatically here. Alternatively, text the word WEB to 40127 and we'll send them to you.

If you're still struggling, let me know if you're on a monthly plan or PAYG. Also, let me know if the internet connects OK when you're connected to Wi-Fi. 

Cheers, Ben

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Share to FacebookShare to TwitterMore...

Message 2 of 4 (640 Views)

Hi NewToVodafone99,

Have you ensured that Mobile Data is switched on? Follow the instructions below to check:

• Go to your home screen and swipe down from the top of the screen
  • You should see buttons at the top of your notification panel
  • Look for "Mobile Data" - you may need to swipe right to see it.
  • Ensure that it is highligted.

If you've already done this and you've still got no connection, please try your SIM card in a different phone. This will rule out any hardware issue with the Galaxy Fame.

Thanks,

Matt B

Now you said the phone deletes the APN settings i take it the APN screen is Balnk

This could be a Memory issue were the settings never get stored in the first place

Now you can manualy enter a APN as a test

to do this open Sttings Mobile Networks APN settings theb press the plus symbol

the enter in the Name TEST

Usernemat = Test

Password = Test then press the menu button and pick save

if it saves then edit the APN with

1.Touch the Menu key
2.Touch Settings
3.Touch Wireless & networks
4.Touch Mobile networks
5.Touch Access Point Names
6.Touch the Menu key
7.Touch New APN
8.Touch Name
9.Enter Vodafone WAP, touchOK
10.Touch APN
11.Enter: For Pay monthly customers:wap.vodafone.co.uk
               For Pay as you go customers: pp.vodafone.co.uk
12.Touch OK
13. Touch Proxy
14.Enter 212.183.137.012, touch OK
15.Touch Port
16.Enter 8799, touch OK
17.Touch Username
18.Enter wap, touch OK
19.Touch Password
20.Enter wap, touch OK
21.Touch the Menu key
22.TouchSave

Thanks Matt B, you were right. my problem is solved

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Quick question. Are you on pay as you go or pay monthly contract?

im on pay as you go