Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
mancman

data usage

when i took the contract out i am on i was told that i had unlimited internet. I got a text saying my 1gb of data usage is nearly up and to get an extra 500mb pay £5. I phoned up and asked how can i have ulimited internet with a limit of 1gb so its obvious its not unlimited. The reply was its unlimited but under a fair usage thing. Can some one please tell me which will use my data usage

1) browsing internet sites

2) installing apps off the andriod market

3) downloading music from music apps from andriod market

4) reading my emails

5) looking at twitter (plus pictures that people have posted on there)

6)navigation

many thanks 

Message 1 of 2 (4,463 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

Re: data usage

mancman wrote:

when i took the contract out i am on i was told that i had unlimited internet. I got a text saying my 1gb of data usage is nearly up and to get an extra 500mb pay £5. I phoned up and asked how can i have ulimited internet with a limit of 1gb so its obvious its not unlimited. The reply was its unlimited but under a fair usage thing. Can some one please tell me which will use my data usage

1) browsing internet sites

2) installing apps off the andriod market

3) downloading music from music apps from andriod market

4) reading my emails

5) looking at twitter (plus pictures that people have posted on there)

6)navigation

many thanks 

Right bit confused here as Vodafone have stopped doing Unlimited Internet something does not sound right there, You need to go online and check your account and see what you are getting

Now the highest at one point was 1gb and when you get close to that as you have got you do get a txt and i would pay the £5 for the extra

Now looking at your list you are using 3G Internet or 2G alot The things that are major drains are

Youtube

Google Maps

Face book syncing Automatically

Email syncing Automatically

Widgets that get live info

Downloading  

You are now experiancing the Cap Networks are doing on Smart phones when out and about we can not use them for what we want to

To help here

stop Auto syncing Settings>Acounts and sync and untic auto sync

When you open facebook or others they sync any how

Down load a data switch this turns off your 3g when your not using it, Be in control

make sure your wifi is set to never when indoors

Navigation well Google maps hate network caps as we can not use there app as they want, so people down load CoPilot

Just like tomtom no Data use

Kill all live widgets (Stocks and shares, facebook,Twitter) unless your on wifi

Now you can make a blank APN and switch to that before going out this shuts your 3g down

The only down side is you do not get MMS messages but who does use that any how when we have email

But i would check your account and also check your bill to see when your using the data

Message 2 of 2 (4,449 Views)