You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: firmware update showing on Kies

Is it just me or are there general problems with Kies? After updating to the latest version of kies, I get a firmware upgrade notice for my Galaxy S2. PDA KG2  phone KG1. I try to upgrade, backup the handset when prompted.  That completes as expected.  The software then down loads the upgrade components.  I notice that Kies disconnects the handset at that point.  The handset reconnects and I get the firmware upgrade notice again.  It just loops every time:smileysad:

Message 21 of 75 (5,603 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster

Hi,

I've seen this before when upgrading my Galaxy S, it turned out it was due to the defalt launcher being set to open home.

If you are using something other than TWLauncher then revert back to TWlauncher and try the upgrade again.

Alternatively the only other time I've seen then the phone had to be fully, factory reset. not sure why though, possibly another app confliction.

Message 22 of 75 (5,595 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III

Right this is what you need to do

Do a factory rest that wipes every thing off the phone 

Then plug Kies in let it see the phone the update the drivers on the current phone this will re install the drivers for the phone 

Unplug the phone then  plug it back in making sure it says connecting tokies on the phone 

It should offer you the up date and all should be fine Just leave the phone alone to do its stuff

P.S You need to remove all lag fixes and Roots First 

Message 23 of 75 (5,569 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Northern-dj wrote:

Montala wrote:

Hi,

Kies itself has received what appears to be quite a major update today (2nd August 2011).

The latest version is 2.02.11071_128

Neddless to say it still didn't want to know anything about my Galaxy S, recently updated to XXJVQ using Odin, although it did at least recognise the phone, and enable me to do do a back up if I so wished! :smileyhappy:

XXJVQ Is a leaked rom and kies will not recognise it JVO is the only gingerbread one that Kies will see or 2.2.1 JPY

Now that Samsung have released an official version of XXJVQ through Kies, it finally informs me that I have the latest version installed, which is good news! :smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 75 (5,428 Views)

If kis says you have the right firmware your all sorted welcome to the JVQ club

Message 25 of 75 (5,370 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

If Samsung rolled out 2.3.4 already, then why I don't have upgrade notice in KIES? I have now GINGERBREAD.XXJVO (CPW) and it says it's newest available firmware...

Message 26 of 75 (5,182 Views)

Its the (CPW) which means Car phone ware house  its not been rolled out to them yet you can change your csc to XEU and it will work even the CPW some times do this as samsung seem to leave them out but they always put it back to CPW, Now its upto you  

To do this you need your IMI number which is the big number on the box then on your phone dialler

*#272*imei#* (Display/change CSC code)

replace the ime with the number then follow the menu and look for XEU

Now when you have done this it may reset the phone if not do a factory reset when that has finioshed plug your phone in to kies and away you go 

Message 27 of 75 (5,174 Views)

Allright, thank you :smileyhappy:

I'll backup my phone and recharge my battery and try this :smileyhappy:

Message 28 of 75 (5,169 Views)

Any news ???

Message 29 of 75 (5,158 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I couldn't answer earlier.

So, I changed CSC as you said, and Kies told me about the update, and now I'm in the middle of the process :smileywink:

EDIT:

So I'm now officially on GINGERBREAD.XXJVQ :smileyvery-happy:

Message 30 of 75 (5,144 Views)

Hi guys, just a quick question on firmware versions...

I updated Kies to the latest version yesterday and then plugged my fone in to the USB and was told that new firmware was available for it. I took the firmware upgrade (followed TSDs advice first and formatted the SD card, performed factory reset before/after, charged battery to 100%) and my firmware has changed from Froyo to Gingerbread but the build number shown is GINGERBREAD.BUJV9.

That appears to be a different version to what everyone is reporting. Can anyone confirm that this is the latest version available through Kies for VOD customers?

Thanks in advance

Message 31 of 75 (5,132 Views)
thesoupdragon
Topics: 138
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 12
Solutions: 199

Hi zedeye

BUJV9 2.3.3  IS the latest Vodafone Firmware with a Sales code of VOD.

You will have seen mention of JVQ 2.3.4 firmware, this is the latest release for unbranded handsets with a sales code of XEU.

JVQ has resolved a few issues that were present in Gingerbread 2.3.3 so hopefully the official release of Vodafones version of Gingerbread 2.3.4 wont be too far away.

Hope this helps.

TSD

Wink.gif

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 32 of 75 (5,114 Views)

Cheers TSD. I look forward to seeing the new release when it becomes available.

I've been impressed with the look and feel of JV9 since I installed it around 24 hours ago and I'm guessing the next one will be even better.

I was also thinking of maybe switching to Darkys 10.2 Final instead as everyones raving about it but not really sure whether I actually need all the extra oomph thats supposed to provide. Do you have any experience with it?

Message 33 of 75 (5,111 Views)
thesoupdragon

Hi zedeye

Yes I have used Darky's 10.2 and just about every other custom Rom out there! Wink.gif

I personally found it a bit buggy! I think that was down to the DarkCore Kernel though.

My favourite so far has been [F1 Galaxy S II V6 - SP1][Look & Feel Of Galaxy S II]

At the moment I am using the Stock JVQ 2.3.4 but the flashing bug will grip me again soon! Very Happy.gif

Don't be frightened to try some custom Roms, we have a great team of guys on here with lots of experience!

Do your homework first and if you're not sure ask...! No one will criticise you for double checking you are doing the right thing.

TSD

Wink.gif

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 34 of 75 (5,101 Views)

Thanks for the advice TSD, think I'll do some research in to it as u suggest and then try one of the ROMs.
Message 35 of 75 (5,096 Views)

Btw, u mention that you're running stock 2.3.4 JVQ, did u flash that with Kies? I noticed earlier in the thread mention of changing the CSC and then Kies letting u take the JVQ download. Is this a safe way of doing it? I'm not fussed about maintaining a VOD CSC. thanks
Message 36 of 75 (5,090 Views)
thesoupdragon

zedeye wrote:
Btw, u mention that you're running stock 2.3.4 JVQ, did u flash that with Kies? I noticed earlier in the thread mention of changing the CSC and then Kies letting u take the JVQ download. Is this a safe way of doing it? I'm not fussed about maintaining a VOD CSC. thanks

Yes I flashed JVQ with Kies!

My original CSC was XEU, but I have changed that so many times it doesn't really matter anymore... lol.

I was coming from a Non Samsung based ROM, GalnetMIUI - Twooey.

I used Odin to flash to Froyo JPY 2.2.1, this installed a genuine XEU sales code and then Kies offered me the update.

As I said I was coming from a Non Samsung Rom this is why I had to go backward before I could go forward, if you see what I mean. :smileywink:

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 37 of 75 (5,085 Views)

At the moment soup i'm using kies to do all my phones to 2.3.4 if the Reps don't get it offered, I have had problems with the samfirmware version very buggy for some reason.

But like soup going back to go forward 

Glad the CSC worked welcome to the Gingerbread club

Message 38 of 75 (5,068 Views)

Cheers Guys.

I just went in to the phone dialer and tried the *#272*imeii# and it came up with another screen which said Sales Code  and 'VOD' in the box next to it, and options of Install and Cancel.

There was no list with other sales codes. Does this mean that my phone doesnt have the other CSC codes available??

Thanks

Message 39 of 75 (5,065 Views)
thesoupdragon

zedeye wrote:

Cheers Guys.

I just went in to the phone dialer and tried the *#272*imeii# and it came up with another screen which said Sales Code  and 'VOD' in the box next to it, and options of Install and Cancel.

There was no list with other sales codes. Does this mean that my phone doesnt have the other CSC codes available??

Thanks

Yes you are coming from a Stock Vodafone firmware which will only have one sales code VOD.

Unbranded phones have a multi-CSC which gives you the option of change.

You will have to do what both myself and N-dj have done. Go back to go forward!

I flashed Froyo JPU 2.2.1 this is a 3 file flash + 512pit file using Odin. This puts the correct Boot loaders, XEU CSC (double check using *#272*your imei#) and correct imei information onto the phone. 

Kies did not update from this version.

Then using Odin again I flashed Froyo JPY 2.2.1. A single file flash. Now Kies will update to JVQ Gingerbread 2.3.4 and as N-dj has said there are no problems with this version.

TSD

Crimbo_Banner_TPJ.gif

Message 40 of 75 (5,055 Views)
Nexus 6

Nexus 6

More space to explore

Buy now