Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

galaxy s2 no service

ghall78
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

when i turn my phone on i get a message currently unable to download please try again later and i then get a notification saying

no service

selected network (vodafone uk) unavailable

what do i need to do to fix this?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i changed out the audio speaker/gsm antenna board and the phone is back in working condition :Smiling:

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @ghall78 

Please try the steps in our Network troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Simon

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

i have not traveled anywhere since this issue began (cold out there)

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

SE13 6QZ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

everyone io know has a s5 😕 my sim wont fit

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

error 1 currently unable to download try again later

error 2 no service selected network (vodofone uk).. ( i cant see the rest)

error 3 error while serching for network

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

all

6) When did you first notice this issue?

about 5-8 days ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

permanent

Hi @ghall78

You connect to site 7841 for both 2G and 3G and its working fine.

We need to know whether is something that’s happening away from this location before we can advise further.

Thanks,

Simon

I'm disabled ( musculer dysrtrophy) so i dont get out much so trying the phone in a different area is going to be tricky.. how far do i need to go?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

That depends a bit on where you are - heavily-populated areas have more cells than rural ones.  Is there any possibility someone could take the phone on an outing for you?  I'm disabled myself, so I know the problem!

The other possibility is a failed SIM, so you could call 191 or talk to Live Chat and ask for a replacement.  It'll need to be activated when you get it.

i have requested a new sim so once that arrives I'll let you if tis working or not.

thanks for the help so far guys

sorry i forgot to say i live in lewisham SE london

i changed out the audio speaker/gsm antenna board and the phone is back in working condition :Smiling: