Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

galaxy s5 screen rotate

markalockton
2: Seeker

Hi , my galaxy s5 screen will not rotate. i have the screen rotation icon switched on and when typing in *#0*# and going to sensor then gyro selftest , it comes up as failed .. so  last night i did a factory reset and it didnt solve my problem .. anyone else having this problem 

7 REPLIES 7

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@markalockton wrote:

Hi , my galaxy s5 screen will not rotate. i have the screen rotation icon switched on and when typing in *#0*# and going to sensor then gyro selftest , it comes up as failed .. so  last night i did a factory reset and it didnt solve my problem .. anyone else having this problem 

You can get some assistance from a Samsung Service Location and speak to Samsung Uk Support Centre

Samsung give a 24 month warranty. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids

markalockton

hi, thanks for the replies .. i did look at that thread and tried all the options and still have the problem .. but i looked the the videos and found a tempory solution .. i have download an app called adaptive rotation look .. which can give me the option to rotate the screen when i need it mainly... for video and satnav .. will also email samsung to see what thwy can do .. but many thanks 

You're welcome. 

Hopefully Samsung will listen and if found to be a firmware issue release some form of patch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids

@markalockton wrote:

hi, thanks for the replies .. i did look at that thread and tried all the options and still have the problem .. but i looked the the videos and found a tempory solution .. i have download an app called adaptive rotation look .. which can give me the option to rotate the screen when i need it mainly... for video and satnav .. will also email samsung to see what thwy can do .. but many thanks 

Good to see you have found a solution albeit a temporary one  in the video link that I posted.

I guess it is a matter of trying all the suggestions until you hit upon one that resolves your issue..

markalockton
Hi. Just a update . I Think and fingers crossed I have solved my problem.. although the app I was using worked ok it was still a pain not auto rotating when needed .. so today I reinstalled the firmware using kies. . So far so good all working well