Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

large sms

eakers76
1: Seeker
when sending an sms that exeeds 1 msg the phone changes to mms msg is this correct?
3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

According to the Pay Monthly terms and conditions it works as follows:

10. A standard text message is 160 characters long. You can send longer ones on some handsets. A longer text is divided into the number of standard texts required to convey the message. Each text will be charged at the standard rate for your price plan. We do not guarantee delivery of any text or MMS message you send.

12. Using Vodafone MMS you can send long text messages, picture messages and video messages. The maximum size of an MMS is 300KB. If a message contains several media items you’ll be charged for the most expensive item in the message. Please remember that not all handsets can send and receive MMS.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

redpages:
that VF statement is a joke. its highly unfair to those whos phones let them send long sms messages only 160 characters long..compared to multiple length texts that,. for example the GN doesnt let you send...i had the Nexus S before i got my GN, and the S let me send 4 or 5 sms messages as one text, but i wasnt charged for sending them as an MMS...this i feel is wrong from VF and highly unfair!!

On some phones, my Galaxy A5 for instance, in the Messages settings there is the option to tick "MMS alert receive alerts when the mode changes to a multimedia message".  I also know that Vodafone is not the only network that charges for MMS, emojis, etc. being charged extra by O2 for instance.