Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

location issues

entwisi
2: Seeker

So, even  Wi-Fi off, gps off, my phone flips between Blackpool (where I am) and new Delhi India which I've never been to.. (I have been to India with this phone but west coast Mumbai/Pune)

So there is clearly something wrong with location services of android itself, maybe Vodafone can apply some pressure here.. 

8 REPLIES 8

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

ok what phone have you ?

what Part of Vodafone are you on e.g pay as you go or contract ?

it looks like the phone has this location in the phones cache memory

but with out nowing the hanset its hard to say

63johnw
17: Community Champion
As well as what NDJ has asked, what do you mean by flipping? Is it the phone time? Is it the weather app?

entwisi
Phone is note 3, on 4g contract, by flipping I mean one minute it will show location correctly, 10 mins later it will show India, 20 later it's back to UK, I can't actually rely on it showing the right location. Time is always correct. As said I have been to India with this phone but the opposite side of the country which in India is like saying the other side of Europe..

Is affecting things like play news feeds where I get India based stories quite often.

Ian

entwisi
To add, I do have and talk via Facebook to a lot of Indian friends, I don't use Google +.

63johnw

I dont have a your phone but could it be something in the my places settings, could you have an India place in there, press menu, settings, connections, location and my places and see if there is anything in there.

entwisi
I only have my home Wi-Fi as a place in the core settings, I do have work and home location set in Google now

entwisi
It has also very occasionally put me in Latvia probably 1:10 of the times I'm in India. I've never been to eastern Europe..
🙂

63johnw
Have you tried a factory reset?