Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

Inked
4: Newbie
I wonder if Vodafone will also skip android M when it's released. ..lol

Update available!

Lets see what this does now...................

Installing system update................

2015-09-23 05.49.04.png

Still V5.0 so wonder what the update actually does........?

just downloading ... did you find out what the "improvements" are ?

@steveo67 wrote:

just downloading ... did you find out what the "improvements" are ?

Not yet............it hasn't hung yet but then I haven't really "used it in anger" yet.

Would be good to find the release notes :smileyhappy:

just found this.........

http://www.galaxys5update.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-ota-g900fxxu1boh4-5-0-lollipop-update-rolling-out-in...

Interesting that this is dated August but Vodafone have only just released it.

(I have been checking almost daily for updates!)

my download was 687MB ?

I did the update earlier this evening and at present my phone is running the best it has in a very long time! Used the new smart manager that comes part of the update and it seems to make more ram available which seems to help the phone perform quicker.

Still a bit early to say it's cured but def working better at present!

Just downloaded my update today, and seems much faster than it has been. Not before time!

ok the first semi positive update for a while.

Phone doesn't seem to crash quite as often as it did (although it still does)

Battery life I'm not convinced is still any better but overall seems to be better.

:manhappy: