Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

djs1970
4: Newbie
So Samsung have admitted the problems with Lollipop on the S5, so they are releasing a micro update. Release dates vary because not all carriers will release the update at the same time. So Vodafone customers only have to wait until next year then! Vodafone say they will no longer respond to this thread, so they too admit there is a problem. If there wasn't they would be defending Vodafone instead of the continual repetitive boring posts!

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
The clock is ticking to end of contract if it doesn't show up soon!

richardbrown197
Last Samsung phone for me. The S6 is useless to me due to no microsd and ability to swap batteries.

Soundlab
"So Samsung have admitted the problems with Lollipop on the S5, so they are releasing a micro update".

Yeah I read this also. This would explain why there have been numerous BTU lollipop updates since we had the 1 initial lollipop Vodafone update.

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
The sim card has no bearing on firmware updates I'm afraid.
If you got your phone directly from Vodafone, it will have Vodafone firmware on it. You will only receive Vodafone updates.

You would need to Debrand the Phone and convert it to BTU (sim free international version) in order to get non Vodafone updates.

Sheephelmet
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high that a fix will arrive before the end of the century! We are being positively ignored 😞

john2015

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S5/S5-Update-problems/m-p/2391364#M2206

I have posted an update after performing the Factory Reset in my other thread, link above.

Hope some users find it useful.

Sheephelmet
I had the same result when I did a full factory reset. It was almost back to being the excellent phone it had been before doe about 3 days, but then sadly, it all started to fail again 😞 I hope this doesn't happen for you though.

ian0508
I had all of the issues mentioned in this thread. Factory reset sorted all problems but after a few days the phone went back to being a piece of crap.

I don't understand why other carriers have had the fix, but vodafone haven't, and they refuse to give an ETA on when this will be addressed.

I have now used odin to roll back the firmware to kitkat. This has voided my warranty but I couldn't carry on with the phone in its current condition. I can confirm it is definately a firmware issue as since I rolled back to kitkat it is functioning correctly.

This will be my last vodafone contract. The way they have dealt with the complaints related to this issue is shocking.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

The Networks don't typically give prior rollout info as they I believe want to test the firmware beforehand so it does not clash with their systems and features etc.

Take care. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.