Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

djs1970
4: Newbie
Your thread has been deleted!

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
That is just ridiculous! What rules was that breaking? Or is it just a little to close to the truth and seeing just how many people are absolutely hopping mad (not the words I wanted to use, but I don't want my post to be deleted for profanity!)

This is getting stupid I have put a copy of this thread url on twitter with VF and watchdog and every one else need more fighters. This is stupid! They deleted it because they know they are in wrong and that the fact that they can't do there job! Tech team what for? Wooden cybermen?

Inked
I bet that post don't get deleted. ..LOL

All ready tried that! Sorry to say! I am very aware of trouble shooting same with most on here. There is a coding fault somewhere that hits a large amount of S5s. I have tried every thing under the sun. I have another s5 currently as a backup that has nothing on it and the same with that also have three other people with s5 that have same issue. It's not FB .TWITTER or WATTAPP apps all them theory's have been tested. Thanks for the input though appreciated

Agggghhhh

Sheephelmet
And it appears that in the majority of cases unbranded handsets don't seem to have had the amount of problems that Vodafone customers have had. I am not saying you are wrong drey_p but I have done everything that has been suggested here, I also did as another power user had suggested here and did a reset before I upgraded, then with nothing reinstalled or configured other than the basics, I did the upgrade. Result, the phone is pants now. There is clearly an issue that is affecting some handsets and not others which explains your friends having no issues where so many other are. I thank you for your input, and I think there is a possibility that there are a couple of people who have not done the upgrade correctly, to whom they may find the answer in your post, but not all of us are in this situation through a simple mistake. The OS firmware is flawed for some handsets, and let's be honest here, there is more than one build model of the S5 floating about.

ajl2012
Do you have evidence to back up your claim regarding this 'large number' of cases? Besides which, everything you have suggested hasn't worked, so why are you still posting here? If you're not part of the solution.....

Sheephelmet
At the end of the day here people we are cross at VF and their firmware, let's stay civil to each other. If somebody has a theory or something to try, they are welcome as far as I am concerned to add their input.

Well said