Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

Inked
4: Newbie
Shame there's no change log. ..lol

thedozyone

After all that I couldn't upgrade. Smartswitch kept saying I needed 800mb free! I have over 5GB free on the phone!

** EDIT **

After I removed the MicroSD card the upgrade went smoothly.

Will see how this goes over the next few days..................

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
I made sure to have over 3Gb of space before I did the upgrade and I did an app cache wipe to help make some space. Haven't done a full factory reset yet, but everything is running at lightspeed now!

ajl2012
Thanks very much for the heads up, all. I'm genuinely pleased to read that it's resolved your issues.

I had no OTA notification myself so I had to manually check for the update, but it is indeed there. I backed up my phone in anticipation of the update last night via smartswitch, so I'm am now currently downloading the update OTA. Will report back when completed and tested.

thedozyone
Unfortunately mine still crashes when it tries to connect to the car. Bluetooth crashes every time 😞

Sheephelmet
It's not the full 5.0.1 we had hoped for, but it is good enough for now that my phone works well again.

Just updating the third device now seems ok . Will update in due course

ajl2012
That's the one I'm on now, mate.

ajl2012
@thedozyone: Maybe it would be best to do the factory reset and then update, and as it will be the newer 'fixed' build you update to it might work better for you?

Just a thought, mate.

stephenvalente
Battery life during normal 4G usage doesn't seem better or worse at the moment. Will assess again once back home using wifi alone.

Only had about 1.9Gb free space upon updating, and went ok.