Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

cyberdyne_s
4: Newbie
Updated, let's hope this is better than the last one, liking the mute mode has been restored

Inked
It wouldn't surprise me if this is the same firmware with a different build number that they have released just to shut everyone up.....lol

Inked
It's still not the 5.0.2 update that Samsung have given vf to release.

cyberdyne_s
It's definitely got a least two changes that I've noticed, mute and the blocking mode has also been given a timer again, which had been removed previously

thedozyone
I have the same issue with battery. Still not any better.

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
I used mine quite a bit yesterday because I was so happy that it all worked again, so I can't judge the battery drain accurately until today. However, I was down to 27% by 1500hrs and had to put it on charge for an hour. Went to bed early and when I plugged it in at 2330, I was back to 6%. So, it could be that the battery life is still bad, but the phone works so I can live with it until 5.0.2 comes put.

Sheephelmet
If you are on wifi only the battery is not too bad, but with data turned on, even in the background on wifi, it's really quite shocking! It is to do with finding the data signal. I went to Germany with work last year and the signal was so strong that even on mobile data, the phone battery lasted 3 days! If you want decent battery life, turn off mobile data until you need it, then turn it off again when you have finished.

stephenvalente
Mine was charged to 90% last night and fell to 70% when I woke up 8 hours later. Seems to be holding charge better, but still think drain is too high in regular use.

cyberdyne_s
Battery use seems normal/good to me but need to give it a few charge cycles to be sure.

Also my WiFi often disconnected and had trouble reconnecting, but since this update it's stayed connected, coincidence?

djs1970
Do I take the plunge and go from KitKat to Lollipop?