Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lolipop update fix galaxy s5

Rizsam
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
What specific issues are vodafone having releasing the lolipop update fix. My phone has been very buggy since the update provided in January. I can't afford to factory reset as I have encrypted code generator app on my phone which I am required to have for work. It's getting very annoying that I'm having to use a disfunctional phone at the moment especially as I am on a hefty price plan. It doesn't give me much confidence in vodafone that it is taking an exceptional amount of time for the issue to be resolved. With my contact ending next month not sure if vodafone is the right path to take again.

Is it possible to downgrade to kit kat as my phone worked perfectly then?
294 REPLIES 294

cyberdyne_s
4: Newbie
Looks like you're good to go, but seeing as you've waited this long maybe see what comments are made over the next week or so?

alsaram
No I'd wait till 5.1 gets released , wish I'd not upgraded even with the new update

djs1970
I think I'll wait a bit longer. Will Vodafone ever release 5.1?

ajl2012
@madmax:

Ha ha, you're right, mate. Lord knows what I was thinking when I posted that! :Smiley_with_tongue_out:

ajl2012
Brilliantly put, madmax, excellent analogy!

@ian0508: I can't say I blame you, mate, I'm going to be seriously considering moving in the new year, it's going to take something special from VF to persuade me otherwise now.

ajl2012
Battery update.
I've had a day off work today (I have to switch my phone off in work, and I work 12 hour shifts so monitoring battery use has been difficult), so today is my first real opportunity to test it fully. I've ran the phone all day from about 6am on the same charge, on its been on the house WiFi, but I've used it to text, make phone calls and browse the internet, and it's now 8pm and I've still got 45% battery left.

I've had a few apps update since installing this new build, so that may have helped matters. All I can say then is give this fixed version a go, but stick with it. It was faster and more reliable from the word go, but now the battery usage seems to have improved too over the days since I update.

I hope this information helps.

ajl2012
Thanks very much for that info, Steve. Very interesting reading indeed.

Inked
So is everyone happy now ? ...lol

ajl2012
So far so good, mate, it's much, much better for me.

Sheephelmet
7: Helper
7: Helper
It's better, not perfect, but definitely better.