Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

lollipop on Galaxy Note 3

Bruno0983
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hello i want to now when I recibe the lollipop on my Note 3? Some Web sites are saying that as been release on Vodafone at 13th of February it's true?
23 REPLIES 23

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Devices that were supplied by Phones4U were often not devices that were for the UK market, which is why it your friend has the update before you do - it has started rolling out in the market that the phone was intended for.

The Lollipop update started rolling out on Vodafone Ireland a few days ago, so it won't be long before it hits the UK, I'd imagine.

Do remember that the update is often pushed out to specific batches of IMEI numbers - this helps to reduce the load on the update servers.

PWIAC

Tomunzy
1: Seeker
I bought mine through Carphone Warehouse and I'm still waiting too... would be good if someone could give us any idea of when it might be available to us??

Honestly, you aren't missing much. There are a few differences, but it's essentially the same.

I ended up rolling my device back, as it broke compatibility with my Pebble watch completely.

drey_p

@Tomunzy wrote:
I bought mine through Carphone Warehouse and I'm still waiting too... would be good if someone could give us any idea of when it might be available to us??

I'm afraid Vodafone won't be able to comment on that for 2 reasons.  The first is that they don't comment on when firmware will be available.  The second is that Vodafone didn't supply you with the handset so it isn't running a Vodafone variant of the firmware.  

In theory you should be waiting for the release of a BTU variant of the firmware but it depends on where your device came from as it may have been intended for another region.

PWIAC