Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

micro sim not activating with my old number

dane_hill
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

i have a problem with my galaxy s3, went into store yesterday to get new micro sim activated with my old number but still hasn't been swapped over, its been almost 24 hours when i was told it would take between 20 minutes and 2 hours,

please help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1daniel
9: Established

I would suggest going into a vodafone store to do this again just in case. There is one thing I would personally try before that if you have this option - If you are able to use your old phone with the old sim card dial 191 and follow the options there to speak to someone to get it sorted.

Other people might advise you to call an 0870 from a landline. I found I was waiting listening to music and getting nowhere doing that which is why I advise going to the most convenient vodafone store if you cannot do the other suggestion.

View solution in original position

61 REPLIES 61

63johnw
17: Community Champion
You could try logging in to your vodafone account, not the eforum one and there is an activation section there.

i tried doing this a few times but it said it said there was a problem when going through the activation form, im guessing this means because the store already tried to activate it.

b0yce
13: Advanced Member
I managed to swap to my MicroSIM last night and it seemed to work fine and within the stated 15 minutes!

Though I couldn't login to Vodafone using Chrome on the PC last night, so had to revert to using IE9 😞 :lol:

1daniel
9: Established

I would suggest going into a vodafone store to do this again just in case. There is one thing I would personally try before that if you have this option - If you are able to use your old phone with the old sim card dial 191 and follow the options there to speak to someone to get it sorted.

Other people might advise you to call an 0870 from a landline. I found I was waiting listening to music and getting nowhere doing that which is why I advise going to the most convenient vodafone store if you cannot do the other suggestion.

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dane_hill, 

Depending on the network traffic, it can take up to 24 hours for a SIM change to go through, although In 10 years at Vodafone I've never seen one take that long :smileywink:

The delay could be caused by a number of factors, including human error - have you contacted customer care as has been suggested to make sure the right SIM number is being activated and there have been no errors on your account?

If not, there's a PM on the way to you now - follow the instructions on contacting the team, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can to see what's what :smileyhappy:

Paul

@PaulE wrote:

Hi dane_hill, 

Depending on the network traffic, it can take up to 24 hours for a SIM change to go through, although In 10 years at Vodafone I've never seen one take that long :smileywink:

The delay could be caused by a number of factors, including human error - have you contacted customer care as has been suggested to make sure the right SIM number is being activated and there have been no errors on your account?

If not, there's a PM on the way to you now - follow the instructions on contacting the team, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can to see what's what :smileyhappy:

Paul

Well Paul can the website be updated as it states 15 mins,this is missleading 24 hours with no phone can be dangerious, people need to be prepared for no phone or told to go to a Vodafone store if thats faster

Hi Northern-dj,

I've had a look at the Support page for MicroSIM activation, the Getting started with your iPhone page and the online SIM activation form in My Account and cannot see a timescale listed.

If you can provide a link to the page in question we'll be happy to get that looked into.

Dave

trac1164
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I'm still waiting for my micro sim to activate on my Samsung Galaxy Express 2, I filled out the online form yesterday to swap my number because I upgraded as I am a pay monthly customer, it still hasn't activated and it has almost been 24 hours! None of the phones have stopped working yet so I'm worried my request for a sim swap hasn't worked, please help ASAP!

thesoupdragon

Hi trac1164

It can take upto 24 hours for the sim to be activated.

I've always found the quickest way is to pop into a Vodafone Store. The Staff can do it there and then... usually my SIM is active by the time I get back Home, (about 10 minutes)

Live Chat should be able to look into this for you.