Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

micro sim not activating with my old number

dane_hill
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

i have a problem with my galaxy s3, went into store yesterday to get new micro sim activated with my old number but still hasn't been swapped over, its been almost 24 hours when i was told it would take between 20 minutes and 2 hours,

please help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1daniel
9: Established

I would suggest going into a vodafone store to do this again just in case. There is one thing I would personally try before that if you have this option - If you are able to use your old phone with the old sim card dial 191 and follow the options there to speak to someone to get it sorted.

Other people might advise you to call an 0870 from a landline. I found I was waiting listening to music and getting nowhere doing that which is why I advise going to the most convenient vodafone store if you cannot do the other suggestion.

View solution in original position

61 REPLIES 61

hrym
17: Community Champion

3 to 5 days???   There has to be some kind of problem over and above simple activation, surely.  Out of idle curiosity, have you gone on LiveChat and just asked to activate a SIM, without mentioning any complaint or other issues?  Whenever I've done it, it's been up and running before the session's ended.

I HAVE GONE on to live chat  they have asked for the sim card  number which i have gave them  and the come back saying  its  been given my  number but not activated.

the thing  that gets up my nose i have been in contact with  every day since 4pm 22/07/2014  yesterday i phoned them  and was told  that they would  phone me back within the next 24hrs  still waiting,  If they phoned / text to at least updated me on progress but  nothing i have to do all the asking  and i had a different story every day  saying  when it will be active

can vodafone lose your mobile number while activating a sim card ? the 3 to 5 working days will be up on the 31st of july

Hi JohnBerwick,

Sorry this is taking so long to fix.

If you’ve done the troubleshooting and you have spoken to us and still there has been no joy in activation, this could point to the sim card being faulty.

Please either call 191 or 03333 040191 to speak to us or go here  and ask for a new SIM card.

Or if you are in the area pop in to your local Vodafone store and pick one up. To find your local store please pop here.

Cheers,

Laura 

hrym

If I've understood the thread correctly, the OP has already tried a different SIM.  From what I read, the problem would appear to be with the account itself.

no i have only had the one micro sim card , and it has taken them  8 days to decide that its faulty  as this is the 1st  anyone has said  that the sim card could be or is possible faulty , ps its still not activated

Hi JohnBerwick,

If the SIM card is faulty, you'll need to get a new one. If this hasn't already been arranged, you can visit your local Vodafone store to collect one.

We can also get one sent out in the post for you. If you'd prefer this, email us, following the instructions here.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

I will pop in to the vodafone shop i first got the sim card from,  but it  wont be till sat  at the latest as its 57 miles away but i will let you know, can i ask why it has took 9 days  for you to tell me  it "MAY" be the sim card that is at fault ?

an update on sim card

Today i popped into the same vodafone  shop told them the story about the sim card . they re issued me with a new sim card  and i am awaiting for this new one to activate was told  could take 24 hrs lol heard that one before . but i will let you know

well 24 hrs since getting 2nd sim card and told again it will take 24 hrs to activate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT     24hrs have passed and the card has still not activated , i again popped into the vodafone shop i went too yesterday  and the queue for service was right out to the front door so gave up on that idea drove home and here i am again, now if anyone cares to read this thread all the way to this point , and i was to say vodafone tech dept you are a joke . i think most would agree with me .

41 post on this thread and i am no futher forward