Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

mismatch with plug

divajan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello! I have just received my new phone - and have an unusual problem in that the charger plug does not fit my wall socket!

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Which Samsung Model have you received ?

Was it acquired through Vodafone Uk. 

Is is the enclosed charger a two pronged Version used in other countries abroad. Some chargers have a option to pull out the 3rd pin required to fit into Uk wall sockets or a piece to clip onto it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I got it through ringing up vodafone through my present phone. I know about the two prong plugs and the pull out - no this is a british plug that is not the same size - I have already posted onto social media to see if anybody else has the same issue. Quite extraordinary - who let this deign through?! the bottom two prongs are a few centimetres shallower so don't reach! It is impossible, absolutely impossible to use! It woudl be funny if it wasn;t so incompetent!

BandOfBrothers

This is the first I've personally heard of this. 

I have come across the wrong style plugs being packaged in error. 

Have you managed to speak to Customer services?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If the plug does not fit a normal socket and the prongs are slightly shorter and/or narrower then the plug is a FAKE, COUNTERFIT. Compare it in all ways to a plug that does fit the socket and you will see the difference. Contact Vodafone and tell them that you want it replaced with a genuine one. If the plug came with your phone and was all sealed in the box get your phone checked out as well, that might be a fake also and if it is contact Trading Standards. Do not try and use the plug, it could catch fire or electrocute you!

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi,

Does it look like this? You have to pull the top pin up to make it fit.

Official Samsung Galaxy S5 UK Mains Charger with USB Cable - White

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac