Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

my s2 keeps turning off help !!!

jamollawop
3: Seeker
I have a full battery first my signal goes then it turns itself off and when i turn it back on it says i got low battery

Ive tried resetting my phone and that hasnt helped.

Any help welcomed

Thank you
34 REPLIES 34

Before I tell you I need to know your factory model number, for example my tablets is a gt-p5110

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Before you wind up clockwork recovery, have you tried Dave's reset suggestions?

And, does it work when it's plugged in?

jamollawop
Yeag ive tried reseting the phone

Model number : gt-I9100

AndrewFleming
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Glaxy S2 has been unreliable since I got it and keeps switching off. Have been to vodaphone stores and they did not help as im not insured and would have left me phoneless. My upgrade is not due till October and I am going to end up phoneless at this rate and I dont know what to do. 

Any ideas?

Andrew

My Glaxy S2 has been unreliable since I got it and keeps switching off. Have been to vodaphone stores and they did not help as im not insured and would have left me phoneless. My upgrade is not due till October and I am going to end up phoneless at this rate and I dont know what to do. 

Any ideas?

Andrew

Hi there.
I had the same problem recently.
The phone would get very hot and the battery would drain very quickly even when I wasn't using the phone. I changed the battery, but the problem persisted.

I noticed that the media app was using a lot of battery and I couldn't stop it

I also noticed that the problem arose fairly recently after I had started to use free anti virus software app from AVG..especially when it kept trying to get me to upgrade to the Pro version.

Solution. I un-installed AVG pro that I had on trail and the problem was solved.

No factory reset was required.

The battery now lasts all day long.

To make the battery last longer:-
1. Drain the battery 100%
2. Charge it with the phone off
3. Switch it back on and let it charge to 100%
4. Switch the phone off and repeat step 3.
5. Your phone should be okay now
6. Remove as many apps that you don't need.

This hopefully will make my phone last a bit longer. :).

Update,

Today I reinserted my 32GB micro SD card to see it this caused any problems. The battery drained a bit faster but not as bad as before.

I have just reinstalled Daily Roads Voyager DRV, and moved it from the SD card to the device storage, and guess what, my phone switched itself off....so I have moved it back and all seems to be fine...at the moment

Maybe this was the culprit and not AVG?....

Now when I think about it..I remember some months ago when I used DRV in my car (without the USB charger connected) that the phone was V hot....will investigate further.....
Okay, My phone switched off So its definately the DRV app thats causing the problem....just removed it so mets see what happend now... 
UPDATE
 I have done all the above and the phone was fine. I reinstalled the 32gb Micro SD card, and the problem started again!! ARRRR.
I have just taken that card out, cleaned the terminals with a cotton bud and put it into my back up Galaxy Y phone. The original 32Gb card from this phone was then put into my S2. All seems to have settled down and the problem appears to have gone away?...will keep you posted if it hasnt!!

Any ideas?

Andrew

Hi Jamollawop & AndrewFleming, 

In both your cases I would recommend updating your handsets to the latest software - if you're already on this then you may need to get your handsets repaired.

Take a look at our handset repairs thread for more info

Paul 

I have already done this but its still not working properly I have no back up phone and vadaphone store refused to give me a replacement. The phone is so unreliable an im really not happy with the service ive recived. My SD was stolen from Vodaphone store also when the updated it.

Im really not happy and I pay too much for this phone to be treated like that.

Andrew

A word of warning before you do this, when you do your warranty will be void both from vodafone and samsung, but there are ways to totaly return to stock with the flash counter at 0, but won't post it here

If your happy with this here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1851070