Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

not receiving text messages from one person

scottvacher
2: Seeker

Can you help?  I have a Galaxy S4 and i can't receive texts from one person/number.  I can text them and call them fine.  They can call me but can't send me texts or reply to my texts, they just fail.  We are both on Vodafone so we swapped Sims and we were able to text each other fine.  So it looks like it is on my device that the number is blocked or something like that.  I don't think i have any Apps that block, if i do i haven't set them up on purpose.  Any suggestions would be appreciated..............

11 REPLIES 11

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi scottvacher,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

It sounds like you've accidently blocked texts from your friend. It's really easy to fix though! 

• Go to 'Contacts'
  • Find your friends details
  • Tap the menu button
  • You'll see an option near the bottom to 'Remove from reject list'

Let me know how you get on. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

lisaphotog1
4: Newbie
Help. I'm having the same problem. I checked as per your advice above and the number isn't on the reject list (it only shows the option to add it to the reject list?)

Hi @lisaphotog1 

If the number isn’t showing on the reject list, please get the other person to check their phone settings.

Alternatively, you can get in touch via Live help so this can be looked into.

Thanks,

Jamian

I'll try live chat then. I have not been receiving their messages for almost 2 months during which time they have had a new phone so it's not at their end.

I can't receive texts from my husbands phone for about 6 weeks now. He is not on my reject list. It's since he travelled to the US last month so not sure if that impacts anything. Pls help as it's quite annoying not being able to get texts from him.

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Jhol

What happens exactly?

Does the message send but never arrive?

If it fails, what’s the error message?

Does he have any problems with any other people?

Has he tried his SIM in another phone?

Thanks,

Wayne

maisyandmoo
Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem with my Xperia Z2, I have a contact whose messages do not come up in the messaging app and I am not getting notifications. However, if I go into contacts, select the name and then access messages from the number I can see messages.

Students rely on being able to send text messages to me so it's very frustrating not to be receiving them. I can't see that I have blocked the number in anyway, calls will still come through fine.

I would be grateful for your help.

Many thanks

Hi @maisyandmoo

Thanks for your post. Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling: 

Have you recently updated the software on your phone? 

Please follow a factory reset, remembering to back up any stuff you want to keep. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

1: Seeker

I've just fixed mine by going into the last thread for the effected person and hitting the menu button on the bottom left.   I seemed to have accidentally added their name to 'spam' and all I needed to do was 'un-spam' them.