Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

phone not working and poor service

scarlettxx
3: Seeker
I have been having issues with my s4 it gets really hot then dies on me.i then have to plug in my charger to build up battery again. It has been in to be repaired 3 times and still the same fault. I have asked for a replacement handset but told no. Customer services will not put me through to anyone to complain they always arrange a call back which never happens. I wrote to complain to Vodafone house before xmas and again no reply..what can i do next.spending £60 a month for a phone that dies on me everyday
26 REPLIES 26

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid you can't get a replacement handset on request - the repair centre have to deem your device unrepairable.   If the device is less than a year old, one option would be to go direct to Samsung.  If the repair is proving tricky, they'll be better placed to deal with it (they have, unsurprisingly, more experience of their own devices).   They're also more likely to replace if they draw a blank.

Overheating issues can be tricky to nail if the device passes a basic electrical test and works properly after a reset and a reflash of the firmware.

scarlettxx
They have had the handset twice and failed. I bought the handset off vodafone so samsung won't replace they have told me to have vvodafone to replace it ? Been with Vodafone over ten years but can't wait for my contract to end..very poor service and communication..they just won't speak to me or answer my letters

Hi @scarlettxx 

Our Live help team can take a look into this for you.

You can also find further help and information on our warranty and repair service.

Thanks,

Sarah

scarlettxx
I have an issue with my S4 getting red hot and killing my battery all the time..been in for repair twice at samsung as requested by cardiff vodafone shop then once to Vodafone repair centre and still the same fault.went back to Vodafone shop they told me to ring customer service and request new handset. They told me it had to go off for repair another twice before they consider replacing handset. I sent them the work sheets from samsung repairs as proof of repair as vodafone told me to go there ? Ringing customer services they refusing to let me speak to snyone with authority so resorted to writing to Vodafone house before xmas and surprisingly no reply...what can i do to get handset replaced..spending 60 month for a phone i got to keep on charge !

electrawz
13: Advanced Member
Samsung would be the best place to request a replacement device.

I've had it over 1 year now and the handset was from vodafone so samsung say they should replace it and they can take it up with samsung themselves. Just fed up of having run aroung with Vodafone

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
You would need to keep sending it for repair through Vodafone until the repair engineers either fix it or deem it not economically viable to keep trying and replace it.

Once you're outside the returns period, if Samsung aren't willing to help, that's really the only option.

hrym

The advice you've been given about repairs and replacement isn't strictly correct.  Orange used to have a "3 repairs and you can have a replacemnt" scheme but, as far as I know, Vodafone don't have any fixed rules.   Their policy is that your device will be replaced if the repair centre say it's unrepairable.

A lot will depend on what's causing the overheating.   The repair centre will do a basic electrical test, reset and reflash of the firmware.  If the device is working after that, they have to assume it's fixed.  If the overheating is caused by component failure, the initial test should show that up.   If it's one of your apps, it won't, so try running the phone vanilla, with just the stock apps, for a bit and see if the probelm recurs.   If not, put your appps back one at a time until it does and you've found the culprit.

scarlettxx
Have tried live help.end up speaking to someone who then says they need to speak to someone else and arrange callback..which never happens. I ring back up and same happens again and again. Its nightmare with my business not having phone..sending phone off 3 times then spare handset won't connect to suresignal box leaving me over a week without a signal...been bad for my work.