Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

poor customer service

furrybelly1979
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi my husband and myself has been vodafone customers since 2005 in 2010 we got our first contract phone with you and we now have have 4 contract phones with you but after our latest encounter with a member of your staff in one of your stores we feel once our contracts are up we will be looking else where for our next phones, on Monday my husband took his Galaxy s3 into the Southampton store as it had stopped reading his sim we phoned up and were told this was the best option and he would be given a replacement phone but this was not the case not only did we have to wait over 20 minutes to be seen we were then dealt with by a very rude and unhelpful man he said we couldn't have a replacement phone and the person on the phone had got it wrong no explaination as to why we couldnt have one that was that he then said we had to pay for the repair as there was a tiny mark on the screen and that could be why the sim is not reading any more we weren't happy about this but agreed to as my husband has health issues and needs his phone we then found out when we got home he put the repair code as cracked damaged screen this was not the case the screen was fine it was just not reading the sim anymore so we rang up to complain but didn't really get anywhere its Saturday today still no update on my husbands repair so we rang vodafone they gave us the repair centers number my husband called them only to find out that they haven't even look at his phone yet as the date for collection is the 31st!!!! what we never said we couldn't pick it up till then we asked why it had that date on it they said the man at the store had put that on it as to when we would be picking it up im disgusted with such a unprofessional service we rang up vodafone to be told they will deal with the member of staff blah blah blah and offered us a £5 voucher seriously this is beyond a joke the memeber of staff was not only rude to us but has delibraty put back our repair we never said no such thing that we couldnt collect it till the 31st this has made me so angry and just shows that vodafone has no respect for its loyal customers 4 contract phones we have with them been loyal customers for over 9 years and we are treated like this god only knows when we will get my husbands phone back but im already looking around for a better deal and and concidering taking this matter even further staff should not be allowed to treat loyal customers with such lack of respect its completly put me off vodafone and im making sure everyone i know knows how bad we have been treated 

20 REPLIES 20

just made anther phone call still getting no where so we rang up to find out how much our early cancellation fees will be then we were told they will send back the phone put a  ime sticker on it then send it away again to be mended it doesn't make any sense to us don't have a clue whats going on every phone call we get told something different think we will end up paying the fees and finding another phone provider just want this nightmare to end :Sad_face:

No ImI number ???

Its under the battery

This does not sound right

I have never seen a S3 with out a sticker under the battery

First get the phone back and i would avoid sending this to them and send this to Samsung

as it would of been fixed and sorted by now

this is a prome example why i dont pramote Vodafones repair service

as it causes more stress and problems

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi furrybelly1979,

We’ve received your email from yesterday and we’ll be in touch as soon as we reach it.

Thanks,

Gemma

I give up:smileysad: got a response saying my husband has to contact them he doesn't want to go on the eforum hes had enough of ringing vodafone up to be honest we just want to pay up and take our business else where we have had enough hes not a well man and can do without all the stress I defiantly wont be recommending vodaone to anyone we have lost count of the phone calls we have made we always have to start from the beginning and explain everything every single time we call its one thing after another we get told a different thing every time we call we have had it im a good mind to take it further contact the CAB or watchdog oor someone I will have to look into who I can complain to its just disgusting vodafone have no respect for loyal customers who have been with them for years so they don't deserve our loyalty. If anyone knows how to complain about a phone provider please let me know many thanks 

this is what it says when we track my husbands phone now

Resolution Code
The combined cost of the labour and parts to repair you handset exceeds the cost of replacement. We have therefore exchanged it. Your handset was found to have suffered physical damage, repair of which falls outside of the manufacturer's warranty.

no idea whats going on we have been told they wont repair it then phone again to complain to be told they will send it back stick a sticker on it then send it back again im so confused :smileyfrustrated: we took the phone the vodafone store in Southampton on the 21st of july god knows when they are sending it back vodafone=joke :smileymad:

thanks for your help I thought it was odd it had no number too I just want the phone back now and just get rid of vodafone I've lost all faith in them I wish I had known I would of sent it to samsung direct I will defiantly remember this for future use many thanks again :Smiling: 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi furrybelly1979,

If you need further help with this, please reply to the latest email from us.

Thanks,

Sukhi

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This really isn't a very good advertisement for Vodafone at all...

Having a Child with Aspergers Syndrome is stressful enough, let alone being given the run around by an extremely unhelpful Store.

I hope that the Southampton's Store Manager is spoken to in a very serious manner?

I would echo the advice by Northern-dj and send the Phone to Samsung...

I rang and spoke to a very helpful lady who arranged for a postal repair, the whole process took 5 days!

Samsung Service Centre Locator
or
Ring Customer Services
Tel: 0330 7267864
Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
Bank Holidays: 10am - 4pm

thank you we have been on the phone today only to be told more lies by vodafone so we have got the credit card out and are buying my husbands contract up and are moving to o2 just have lost complete faith in vodafone we just get told lie after lie but thank you to everyone who has helped me I will be noting down the samsng details for future reference( finger crossed we dont need it ) and if anyone knows who I make a official complaint to it would be very helpful as i feel very let down by the way vodafone have treated us :smileysad:

Hi furrybelly1979, 

Please reply to the last email you received with a convenient time to call and we'll be in touch as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Kay