Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

receiver card

mancman
4: Newbie

Hi im thinking of getting a qi wireless charger for galaxy note 4 but the I've seen one but it says receiver card needed. Can anyone tell me what one of these are and what they do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

In order for wireless charging to work on a device, you usually have to replace the back of it in order.  I would assume that the receiver card is integrated into the new back cover you have to put on.  Basically this takes the wireless charge and gets it to charge the battery.

I personally would go for the manufacturer original accessories if you want to charge your device wirelessly as they are specifically designed to work on your device and battery.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p

Hi there

In order for wireless charging to work on a device, you usually have to replace the back of it in order.  I would assume that the receiver card is integrated into the new back cover you have to put on.  Basically this takes the wireless charge and gets it to charge the battery.

I personally would go for the manufacturer original accessories if you want to charge your device wirelessly as they are specifically designed to work on your device and battery.

PWIAC

mancman
4: Newbie
OK thanks very much for the info very much appreciated