You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
bloodredmint
Accepted Solution

s3 mini mms/message settings

I'm curious to find out where on my s3 mini, the MMS/messages are located. I've looked through the settings a number of times to find them, but can't.

I'm needing to find them to make sure that my settings are correct as a work colleague has sent me three pictures via MMS over 2 hours and I still haven't received them and I need to forward by email to another work colleague.

Many thanks
Rob
Message 1 of 11 (10,503 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II
hrym

Re: s3 mini mms/message settings

Settings|Wireless & Networks|Mobile Networks|Access Point Names.

It's likely that the settings are correct, however and there may just be a delay in the system.   Even if MMS is not provisioned on your account, you should still be able to receive messages, if only via a linkl.

Message 2 of 11 (10,491 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

[ Edited ]

Hi bloodredmint,

Hyrm is spot on here.

Do you receive any notification that you have an MMS waiting or asking you to download them from a webpage?

If not, it could be an issue on your account which we can get sorted if you follow the instructions here.

In the meantime, I would take a look at our internet settings page to make sure that all of the settings are updated and correct in your phone.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 3 of 11 (10,473 Views)
bloodredmint

I didn't received any notification of any messages waiting. I have sent a message to 40127 this morning to get my settings and ive installed as previous.

I think that part of my issue is also the fact that im transferring from iphone to Android. The mms that were sent by work colleague was from his iphone. My simless but logged on home wifi iphone received these as imessages. I have since turned off this feature on the iphone and turned the phone off.
Message 4 of 11 (10,466 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi bloodredmint,

Have you been able to send a picture message to yourself?

Has there been any change since you turned the iPhone off?

If not, please follow the link in James' post and we'll be in touch.

Cheers,

LeeH

Message 5 of 11 (10,453 Views)
bloodredmint

I have been able to receive normal messages from my partner, who uses an iPhone, since I switched off the imessage feature and turned off the phone. I'm not sure that I'm able to send mms to myself
Message 6 of 11 (10,440 Views)
bloodredmint

Thank you Lee, I've sent a MMS to myself and has been received
Message 7 of 11 (10,431 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi bloodredmint,

Are you now receiving all message types from other people sending them to you now too?

If not, the instructions James posted above can be used to reach my team securely with your account details. That way we can cast an eye over your details to make sure everything is set up correctly. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben

Message 8 of 11 (10,383 Views)
helena59

Hope you can help me too. Very frustrated - upgraded to S3 mini yesterday and in spite of calls to Tech support and several live chats I am still unable to receive or send MMS photos. Last response I was told I could only open photos via internet - surely this can't be right. Tried following some advice from forum threads but not made any progress.

Message 9 of 11 (3,638 Views)
Rank 38: Professor II
hrym

This sounds as though MMS isn't provisioned on your accoutn (assuming you've dont the Settings thing previously described).   This is something the tech team need to do, so hang on until they pick up your post.

Message 10 of 11 (3,604 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

[ Edited ]

Hi helena59,

Make sure you've got the right settings in your phone by following the instructions on this page.

If this doesn’t help, we can certainly check your account.

Email us here and we’ll be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 11 of 11 (3,594 Views)