Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

s4 mini Rich Communication suite woes!

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member

TO CLARITY - Before posting I have factory reset the device twice once through settings and the second time through the recovery menu. Both times made no effect. 
(Firstly why force more bloat on us?)

RCS is doing my head in, before the RCS/Message+ update my battery will easily lasted around a day and a half with medium to heavy use. However since the RCS update it drains stupidly fast.
(I am assuming it's down to this update as it was fine beforehand - happy here to be proven wrong  - also RCS is unticked as I don't wish to waste data on an unneccesary applications I don't need.) 

Before the update battery would last around 1.5 days before I get to 15% (similar thing - unplugged at 6am)

Now it's lucky to last a day (off charge at 6am and a low (15%) battery warning by 3pm and on the times i forget it dies around 6pm - I make a habit of charging at the 15% mark to prevent battery failure as draining LI-ION's is not the most sensible) 

Any ideas on what to do here? go back to my wifes old SGS2, await an update while bashing head against wall? 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @hooker1uk ,

If you've disabled RCS in the settings, then the feature won't affect your battery.

To see what functions or apps are using what power, tap:

• Settings
  • Power Saving

There will be a list here for you to check against and change your app settings accordingly.

Cheers,

Ben

hooker1uk

Ben this only became a problem on the firmware update.

(oh - settings and battery saving give me the battery saving mode toggle which has been enabled for a long time. I think you mean, settings > more > battery :Winking_smiley: )

On speaking to a local authorised samsung repair centre they claimed Voda and Samsung are working on a patch to remedy this soon. 

it's still not good - you did this with symbian touch devices using a nuance application to drain our batteries and send texts and data on the sly and now RCS! *facepalm* 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.