cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

samsung galaxy ace keeps re booting on turning on.

nee1978
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

my samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830i keeps re-booting when i switch it on. all i get is the screen saying the make and model then it switches back off and keeps going through this process. i have tried to reset factory settings by holding power volume down and menu key and going through menu. when i confirm reset it starts then the phone turns off and keeps going through initial problem. phone was working fine when switched it off one evening then problem occured when switching it on next morning. any ideas would gratefully recieve. thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you aren't able to perform a factory reset on your handset, I would recommend sending it off for repair.  You can use Vodafone's repair service  or contact your nearest Samsung Repair Centre.  It may be worth seeing a Samsung Repair Centre as if they can fix the phone on the spot they will.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a different battery in your device?  Dodgy batteries can sometimes cause phones to do wierd things.

PWIAC

Thanks for the suggestion I have tried another battery but the problem still the same. Thought it was worth asking on here first So will look at getting looked at by samsung repairer. Many thanks.

drey_p

You're welcome.

Please post back here once your phone is fixed to let us know what the issue is.  The info may help others in the future.

PWIAC

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When you went through the factory reset process, was there an option to clear the internal cache as well?   If there was, and you haven't tried it, that might cure it.  Otherwise, it sounds as though the boot partitiion may have got corrupted, in which case a repair is pretty much your only option.