You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 5: Regular Poster
darren1967

samsung galaxy automatically goes into car mode

Hi All

I have just started to have problems with my 3 month old galaxy s2. First problem is that when I receive or make a call the loudspeaker is always on and have to turn off every time. Now the phone automatically goes into car mode ,sometimes during a call other times just when it is on my desk. It also tries to connect to a pc (MTP mode i think) and tries to connect to kies .The phone gets very hot and the battery life is about 5 hours from full charge (as it is always in car mode). Also the battery charge symbol randomly indicates the phone is charging when it is not plugged in.

I have never had a problem with vodafone in the 15 years I have been with them but this time the customer service has been shocking. I was promised a call back by a manager within 48 hrs , this didnt happen so i called them and was told I will get a call back within another 48 hrs .Hope someone can help

Darren

Message 1 of 14 (37,172 Views)
Rank 42: Oracle I
thesoupdragon

Re: Samsung galaxy automatically goes into car mode

[ Edited ]

Kudos Bar2.jpg

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the eForum... Very Happy.gif

Customer Services are incredibly busy at the moment and all queries go into a first come queue.

One of the Team will get back to you!

In my opinion it sounds like one or more Apps are conflicting with the phones main Firmware.

Have you performed a Factory Data Reset?

This will Wipe your phone and return it to an, As New, condition. If this problem still persists then you know it is a Hardware problem and can arrange a Warranty Repair.

1) Back up all of your items you don't want to lose, incl' Contacts etc.

2) Open the Dialer and Type:

*2767*3855# (Factory hard reset to ROM firmware default settings, this will wipe the internal SDcard)
Now test the phone, to see if the problem still exists. If not, download one App at a time and test between each one.
TSD

Wink.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 2 of 14 (37,143 Views)
darren1967

thanks for the reply tsd . have already tried that but problem exists .Totally understand about customer service being busy but when I speak to someone about the issue i am told it is being dealt with by the original call center who i called first and cant help me.Surely this cant be right as my contract is with vodafone and not a specific call center.

Darren

Message 3 of 14 (37,123 Views)
thesoupdragon

Hi Darren,

I can't comment on what has been said to you about only dealing with one particular Call Centre, other than I am surprised!

However, you are in the right place Here, as the Tech Team will certainly be able to take on your issue.

Wink.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 4 of 14 (37,112 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

I have just soke to my service centre on this and its the USB protacll that has got corupted now factory resets will not fix as this is behind the partion

They have had a s2 in with the charging problem and they reflashed the firmware he thinks a app has done this such as a battery app but he has flash the firmware and it fixed the problem

He said any Samsung service centre can sort this under warrenty

Message 5 of 14 (37,108 Views)
darren1967

thanks for the reply tsd and northern dj .So should I return the phone to the vodafone store i purchased it from or a samsung service center .

Darren

Message 6 of 14 (37,097 Views)
darren1967

on the issue of the issue of customer service ,after 2 promises of call back within 48hrs there hasnt been one and it is now 5 days on .Any ideas what I can do next.

Darren

Message 7 of 14 (37,058 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

darren1967 wrote:

thanks for the reply tsd and northern dj .So should I return the phone to the vodafone store i purchased it from or a samsung service center .

Darren

Me personally a Samsung service centre

1. Its faster

2. you can track it

3. what they say happens does Happen

4. you gat  a report after

Message 8 of 14 (37,056 Views)
thesoupdragon

Hi Darren

I have sent a Message to Tom Rushton the Community Manager, and asked if he can get one of the Tech Team to respond to this Thread.

They are very busy, but sometimes people fall through the Net!

Hopefully it wont be long now?

TSD

Wink.gif

halloweenSig.png

Message 9 of 14 (37,041 Views)
darren1967

really appreciate that thanks .

Message 10 of 14 (37,033 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
George

Hi darren1967,

It definitely sounds like a fault with the phone here. So that we can look into this for you, I'm about to send you an email. If you reply with all the details, then we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

Kind Regards,

George.

Message 11 of 14 (37,008 Views)
darren1967

Here is a little joke for everyone.Ihave just received the following message from vodafone.

"THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO CONTACT VODAFONE ABOUT THE PROBLEMS YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED WITH YOUR HANDSET.PLEASE CALL VODAFONE CUSTOMER RELATIONS ON 08080 ****** TO DISCUSS THIS.BEST WISHES ,VODAFONE"

I called the number and was informed the call was going to cost me 7p per minute and put me on hold but I did get a funky little tune.

Sorry vodafone ,decided to hang up,I,m sure you'll maage without my 7p per minute .Obviously my business is not wanted.

Darren

Message 12 of 14 (36,938 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
buxz777

hiya mate sorry to hear about your problems with the sgs2 luckily i think i can help with this :-)

the usb port on the sgs2 is complex inside , it handles charging , mhl hd connections , docking options lik car mode , usb connections etc etc

now the usb port is proving to be quite sensitive as well

the problems your having could be 1 of two things

#you have slightly bent your usb connection inside the sgs2 (very easy to do whie the charger is connected) , for this the fix is very easy and you get a cocktail stick and just ever so carefully put it into the sgs2 usb port under the connection and lift it very very carefully and ever so slightly

#there is a small bit of dirt/dust in the usb connection or it has got a tiny bit damp or humid sometime , this can also be fixed with a high % alchohol wipe or toothbrush , give the usb port a quick wipe with the alchohol wipe (obvously dont get it all wet etc) and a good gentle scrub with the tooth brush which should remove any dust

please do any of the above gently and carefully the usb port is very sensitive and you dont want to do it any more damage

this has been discussed over xda fporums quite a bit and both the above methods have fixed users phones with no need for repair :-)

here is another thread about it and as you can see the last post is saying the same as what i said above http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/384384-kies-self-activating-other-funny-stu...

and here is the main thread at xda about it buddy have a good read and see what you have got to do http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1132588

Message 13 of 14 (36,820 Views)
darren1967

thanks for the reply ,but my handset has now been replaced.but anothey guy has just posted with the same problem .

Message 14 of 14 (36,691 Views)