Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

samsung s6 video call

Vickiestixx
4: Newbie
Hi, I'm unable to make video calls as I don't appear to have that option.
I am able to receive video calls...... I'm stumped.
Can anyone help please?
26 REPLIES 26

Kdubb7
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Is there a resolve to the Samsung S6 (or some of Vodafone customers) not having this function available on this handset? I checked with Voda today and they informed me that I do have video call capability.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

I have the same issue. I can receive a video call from my friends S6 edge but I have no icon to make a video call. Very frustrating. Is this just an issue with Vodafone?

Yes, it is a problem with Vodafone firmware.

Se poate rezolva usor. Eu m-am "certat" cu cei de la Vodafone pana mi-au resoftat telefonul cu un soft open market. Acum merge corect.

Hi All, I have been into Samsung and Vodafone today and this is the official deal with video calling on Vodafone. Samsung had never been informed or seen this before. One of the Samsung techs took y phone and re-intalled the update  (Lolipop 5.1.1) onto the handset and still nothing. After checking it out in detail they informed me the Vodafone had disabbled this function in the update that was pushed to ALL Vodafone customers when Lolipop 5.1.1 was released by Vodafone. So in essence it is an option which Vodafone has in thier infinate wisdom decided that thier customers dont really want this function.......which by reading the forums is far from the trueth and by the looks of it Vodafone need to push another update on the "Baseband Version" and "Build Number"!!!! I hope that Vodafone will come to thier senses and return this function to thier customers as this capability is set on our accounts and guess we pay for this option.

@Tech Team this should be something that you guys should be driving/ feeding up to the guys that push the updates through to the customers!!!

Looking forward to the updated firmware push/ Update!!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for all your feedback. 

This currently isn't a service that we're able to offer on the Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge.

We have no further information at the moment. 

Thanks, 

Hi Tech Team (Amanda)

I spoke with the higher teach guys at Vodafone today and Video calling was decommisioned via Vodafone just over 24 months ago on ALL handsets. The reason why the S6 is the first handset not to show the video call option button within the phone app is due to the fact that Vodafone have dissabled that permision within the Baseband/ Firmware update that was put out recently.

Samsung confirmed this when I visited their tech guys and they checked my phone out, they also said that Vodafone is the only provider to dissable this permision within the Baseband/ Firmware update. ALL other carriers have this option.

The higher tech team also advised that there are 3rd part apps such as viber and skype now that woud provide a better video call than that of vodafone.

I guess Vodafone cannot compete with free video calling as opposed to charging its customers for this service......so instead of just leaving it for some customers to utilize they dissable this and cut every single one of thier 19.5 MILLION customers choice to use it. Please note that this is just a Vodafone UK thing and no other Vodafone provider globally has dissabled this.

Vickiestixx
4: Newbie
I also escalated this to samsung and emailed a copy of the chat to vodafone in which samsung stated that permissions had been removed by vodafone.

And as usual, fobbed off repeatedly by vodafone who still try to say it's not an issue thein end.

Before the last update I would get the video call option highlighted when I ended a call, so if I was quick I could video call this way, but since the update that option has vanished.