Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

screen turns off/goes blank Galaxy Note 4

gsgsgs
4: Newbie

When I make a call my screens turns off instantly meaning I can't see if the call is connecting or if I've dialed the correct number. I have tried various settings and a reset to no avail, can anyone offer a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

The proximity sensors are by the earpiece - please give that area a wipe with a clean dry cloth in case there is any grease or dirt affecting them.

If that doesn't work, you may wish to pop into a Samsung Repair Centre and have them check the device over as a faulty sensor isn't something you can repair yourself.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It could be the proximity sensor. 

Do you have a case and or screen shield fitted ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Found this. 

Adjust the Screen Timeout Time

Find out how to change the screen timeout time on your device, just follow these simple steps.

From the home screen, tap and drag the Notifications bar downwards.
Tap the Settings icon.
Scroll to and tap Display.
Tap Screen timeout.
Tap the required duration (e.g. 30 seconds).

Current Phone  >

My screen timeout is set to 2 minutes, my scree goes blank as soon as I press the call button. 

drey_p

The proximity sensors are by the earpiece - please give that area a wipe with a clean dry cloth in case there is any grease or dirt affecting them.

If that doesn't work, you may wish to pop into a Samsung Repair Centre and have them check the device over as a faulty sensor isn't something you can repair yourself.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers

Has anything happened recently such as a drop or firmware update. 

Although I see you've performed a factory reset. 

How long have you owned the phone ? Did you acquire it directly through Vodafone?

If under 30 days you can ask for it to be swapped out. ie if under 14 days it's a straight swap. If between 15 and 30 they'll want to send it off to be looked at. 

If over 30 days it'll be a repair but does not cover water damage / drops as example. 

Current Phone  >

Phone is on contract with Vodafone,  owned just over 4 month's. No water damage and hasn't been dropped. I'll give customer service a call thank you for all replies. 

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

If you allow Vodafone to send it off you could ask if your eligible for a loan phone. 

Make sure you create a back up as they'll typically flash the firmware on it thus deleting your saved data.  

Take Time / Date photos of the phone to prove its aesthetic condition and take one if the phone screen while it's turned on. Just incase its returned marked etc. 

Remove any SD Card if applicable. 

Current Phone  >

Sadly no, I don't have a case or screen protector fitted.