Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

software update

mancman
4: Newbie
I've notice on my galaxy note 4 there's a software update if I do this do I have to factory reset my phone after the update has been installed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, its normally a good idea after a firmware update, especially it seems with Samsung phones.

You could try not doing one and see how the phone behaves, if you have issues then try a reset.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
Hi, its normally a good idea after a firmware update, especially it seems with Samsung phones.

You could try not doing one and see how the phone behaves, if you have issues then try a reset.

BandOfBrothers

Totally agree. 

The factory reset / hard reset clears out redundant files if the phone is glitching. 

Be be sure to make a back up to preserve Data from the phones internal memory,and remove any applicable SD Card before carrying this out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have a Samsung S3 mini and have Android version 4.1.2 on, does anyone know if a new update will be available soon for it please or are the software updates for this phone finished?

63johnw
Hi, Vodafone won't comment on any future updates, but the age of your device may suggest that there won't be, you normally only get a couple of years of updates.