Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

torch

drainmerge
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have lost the torch on my phone  how do I get it back?

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Which Samsung handset are you using?  You don't have to use the integrated app - you can download another one if you wanted.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @drainmerge

Perhaps have a good dig around your settings. 

Something like Settings Widget or something similar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SimonWilding

have you recently done an update? I did an 80MB Android update the other day and having just checked my widgets and apps the torch is no longer an option. Very weird, wonder if that is the answer.

Still as another poster said, you can always download a third party app.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Google are putting more and more pressure on manufacturers to stick to Stock Android features.

The "Torch" is something that Google doesn't include as a stock feature so this could be why it has been removed in an update?

There are hundreds of Torch apps in the Play Store, many of them come with Widgets to allow one touch activation from your Home Screen.

As a side thought... Some manufacturers such as HTC allow you to "hide" apps that you can't uninstall but don't want to use.

I'm not sure if your phone has this function but might be worth checking to see if it has been hidden. (From within your App Drawer)