Support:

Samsung

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
whipleg
Accepted Solution

urgent help required

hi there i hope you can help me..i updated kies today and it told me there was an up date for my phone......samsung galaxy s gingerbread 2.3.4.i did what i usally do and followed the screen instructios but my phone is bricked.all it shows is a little white phone with a yellow exclamation mark and a picture of a pc on it..haven't a clue what has happened.it looked like the update had frozen and my phone said downloading for hours but the instalation bar on kies never moved so i left it.when i came back my pc had downloaded some updates and restarted itself..can you help as i need my phone....A.S.A.P. i will be very grateful for any reply i might receive..cheers nicko

Message 1 of 11 (3,867 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

Re: urgent help required

Kies strikes again

The only option open to you is to debrand if this is urgent

you can put the vodafone firmware on but you need to follow the debranding guide

But you need to see if you can put the phone in to service mode

Take out the battery leave foir thirty secounds

place battery back in

Press and hold the Volume up and home button at the same time

Now press the power button and wait and see if the Galaxy logo shows then let go of the power

it should all being well go in to service mode now from there you can try a factory reset but it may not work

If this does not work then you can do the debranding

As your phone is bricked you have nothing to loose and will fix your phone

follow the guides i have put links to the firmware you need as well

the section is

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S/De-Brand-Update-via-Kies/td-p/911121

Message 2 of 11 (3,817 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
ado28

Personally I would stay away from Kies due to it being unstable. If you follow my guides in the 2 videos then you wont loose your warranty.

In this video I explain how to recover your phone. To get in to download mode press and hold Vol down, Home key then followed by the power button. This should put your phone back in to download mode.

Once you have watched this you will need to download the required files which I have prepared for you

• Stock Vodafone Rom JV9 including Odin tool = Here
  • 7 Zip (you will need this to unzip the download) = 7 Zip

Quick guide:

1. Download above files
  2. Open Odin
  3. Put tar file in to the PDA field
  4. Put phone in to download mode
  5. Connect phone to PC
  6. Com port in odin will turn yellow
  7. Click start and flash the stock Vodafone firmware
  8. Your done!

Here is another video of the process above

For more info, hints and tips then visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk or scan my QR code in my profile :smileywink:

Please note that these instructions are given in good faith however, I won't accept responsibility should anything go wrong. These guides have been fully tried and tested by myself and work!

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk
Message 3 of 11 (3,805 Views)
whipleg

sorry for the late reply.phone all sorted now..i did the three finger to get it in download mode then used odin to reinstall froyo then i used kies to update to gingerbread because i couldn't find the gingerbread update on the firmware site.cheers  for both of your suggestions.works spot on now....:smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 11 (3,761 Views)
Rank 21: Instructor V
ado28

Nice one :smileyhappy:

For hints, tips and flashing guides, visit my youtube page www.youtube.com/puggereduk
Message 5 of 11 (3,750 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

thumbs up.gifwelcome to the 2.3.5 club

Message 6 of 11 (3,743 Views)
mtaylor99116

Hi I'm Mick (Michael Taylor) I am in urgent need of an answer 2 a question about my new Samsung Galaxsy S2 White please!
Message 7 of 11 (3,386 Views)
mtaylor99116

Can I Chat 2 online Tech support please?

Message 8 of 11 (3,383 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V
thesoupdragon

mtaylor99116 wrote:

Can I Chat 2 online Tech support please?

Hi Mick,

Why not post your question? lots of people here ready to help! :smileywink:

Banner.png

Message 9 of 11 (3,375 Views)
DanielJarvis

i have just downloaded an app called dogfight, and now my phone has gone really wierd. i have charged it over night and it still isnt working, how do i uninstall an app from my pc

Message 10 of 11 (2,101 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master
drey_p

Hi DanielJarvis.  You can remove the app by going to Google.co.uk and clicking on the Sign In option on the top right.  Then click on the Play link at the top and then My Android Apps.  Scroll through the list until you get to the App you want to remove and then click on the dustbin icon next to it. The next time your phone connects to the internet it will uninstall it.

When you say your phone is acting weird - what it is not doing?  From your message it kinda sounds like it isn't charging?  Have you tried charging it via the USB port in your computer (just in case there is an issue with the charger)

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button!
:smileywink:
Message 11 of 11 (2,098 Views)