Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone protect app locked device

Lorri-1000
2: Seeker

I have the vodafone protect app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace), I took my simcard out and ever since the vodafone protect app has locked it. It asks for a pin number, and when I try to reset my pin on the vodafone website it comes up blank

I can't remember my password or pin.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lorri-1000,

We can certainly help you with this.

See how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

View solution in original position

36 REPLIES 36

jeddahjim

how do i remove the vodafone protect app from my xperia L?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Is it simply uninstallable?  If not, you could disable it, though I don't tink this survives a power cycle, so you nede to re-do it every time you turn the phone on.  It's also possible that you can get it to effectively forget you by clearing the app cache and data.

but that's the point i cant get past vodafone protect. i need some one to get me the 6 digit pin number

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jeddahjim,

Check out the Vodafone Protect video on our YouTube Channel here

You'll need to enter your mobile number without the first zero (0). Once you've done this and entered your email address, you can set the six digit PIN. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

good info wrong idea.i need some one to help me please.

Hi jeddahjim,

We can certainly look into this for you.

Email us here and we’ll be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy

been to sony who have saved my bacon. did a factory reset and now vodafone protect is no more. yippee!

it seems this is a common issue and one that shows this to be a poor applicaion, I too am locked out of my phone which is a Vodafone model, I did set a 6 digit pin one which I have forgotten. I hit the forgot your pin prompt on the phone and it says it has sent me reset instructions to my email (which it has not)

Every step I have tried and unsuccessfull my nearest Vodafone store is 25 miles away, do I throw the phone and buy a new one or is there a way to reset and turn this applicaton off on my device?

Help

Rob

@Bobbyspit

There are two possible options we can try with this. One is to put your SIM card in another phone and reset the PIN that way, or the hard reset route.

The reset takes the phone back to its last firmware date (Back up your phone prior to doing this, as this could delete this as it resets)

How to do this can be found on the user manual.

Sorted, I managed to remove the application from my phone, It wont be going back on. For other users, you get a few seconds when rebooting your phone, go to settings, apps and disable the app. then remove. Problem sorted. And not a good app if I can do that. So could a theif