Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone protect app locked device

Lorri-1000
2: Seeker

I have the vodafone protect app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace), I took my simcard out and ever since the vodafone protect app has locked it. It asks for a pin number, and when I try to reset my pin on the vodafone website it comes up blank

I can't remember my password or pin.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lorri-1000,

We can certainly help you with this.

See how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

View solution in original position

36 REPLIES 36

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Glad you got it sorted and also that Vodafone Customer Service was able to do right by you - we usually only get complaints here!

Hi, I have the same problem. Could you please help me with this? I took my simcard out my Samsung Galaxy S4 and the vodafone protect app has locked it. It asks for a pin number which don't remember, and when I try to reset my pin on the vodafone website it says "There is no valid account associated with your number."

Same problem, took SIm out after I dropped phone in the toilet - tried and tried to reset but get the same responses - I cant even work out how to post on here without just replying to somone elses post! Where do i go for help online please.

Hi ysgubprithal,

Please click here to send us your details.

Alternatively, Live help can take a look.

Thanks,

Gemma

Good day all

I too am now in a precarious situation due to this Vodafone Protect App.

I sought to get an overseas sim card for my phone as I am currently in New York and now, my Samsung Galaxy S3 is locked. I was aware that I had Vodafone Protect, but I have not set a password for it before so, when following the "forgot your PIN" link on my phone, it asks for a data connection for email and going to the prescribed website, I am informed that there is no account information for my number.

Members of Vodafone Tech, I would value your help in assisting me with resolving this problem. I am currently in New York and I need to get photos and other data off my phone ASAP. I am praying nothing has been lost.

I would appreciate your earliest response very much. I am possibly hoping for some type of "factory reset" set-up, but I am not sure if such a thing is available for Samsung smartphones.

Thank you very much.

Hi, 

I have the same problem in my samsung galaxy mini 3. The vodafone protect app locked my phone. How to unlock?

gustavorada
Hi Nilakbas, I had the same problem and contacted the support team via live chat and requested the PIN. Try this link: http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&PARTITION_ID=1&LANGUAGE=en...

I trıed to do lıve chat but ıt ıs always says all our advisers are busy

i need another way to sort it out

craig007v
1: Seeker

hi my phone has the message your devive is locked, how do i unlock it

nadsmb
1: Seeker

I have a screen telling me 'your device is locked ' it is not accepting the pin no ( as the enter tag is not highlighted .can you advise please .

Galaxy Samsung S iii mini

pay monthly