Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

where are downloaded mms's on an S5?

johnconstable
4: Newbie

I get texts with a message giving details of a message size and expiry and a white download button.

I click on the button and get a busy bar. When its finished it doesnt show me anything.

I assume this is an mms?

Where the heck are they? I looked in the only folder i could find called downloads but there was nothing there.

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

OK.  Various possibilties.

1.  The APN (access point) isn't correct.   If you got the device from Vodafone, it probably isn't that.   If your general mobile data access is OK, that would also point to something else.  You can get the APN sent to your phone by texting WEB to 40127.  Some devices install the settings silently, so if you don't geta  response, it doesn't necessarily mean nothing's happened.

2. MMS isn't provisioned on your account.  I've never been sure whether this affects incoming a well as outgoing MMS, though. 

3. MMS need to be sent over a mobile data connection rather than wifi.   If wifi's on, and operating, what happens if you turn it off and use the mobile connection?

If it's not 1 & 3, try talking to Live Chat (Contact Us at the bottom of the page) and see if they can provision it for you.   If not, post back here and the Tech Team should be able to do it.