You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

yahoo sign in failed message???

Hi, can anyone tell me why I am getting a message from Yahoo saying "sign in failed"?  its been happening for the last week or so and I havent done anything different with my phone in that time. I am not receiving emails through my phone although my actual yahoo account seems to be working fine. Have tried changing password on yahoo account on laptop but still not working???

Message 1 of 11 (28,618 Views)
Rank 42: Oracle I

Re: yahoo sign in failed message???

Try this...

How to download Yahoo! Mail on your Android phone

• Go to the Android Market on your phone
  • Search for ‘Yahoo! Mail’
  • Click on “Install” to download the app

IMAP is another way you can get Yahoo! Mail on your phone. Using IMAP you can download messages with your mobile client, so you can access your mail even when not connected to the mobile Internet.

How to set up Yahoo! Mail with your mobile client using IMAP

• On your phone, press < Home >, then open the Email application.
  • On the 'Your accounts' page, select Next to get started with setup.
  • Enter your full Yahoo! address and password, then select Next.
  • On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Done.

If prompted, supply the following information:

• Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL)
  • Username: full email address (bill@yahoo.com)
  • Password: is the password you login to Yahoo! with

[Source] Yahoo Mobile

TimDroid-wink-small.png

Banner.png

Message 2 of 11 (28,612 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V

Nothing to do with you.   The Yahoo SMTP server is playing up at the moment.  It does this from time to time, but is usually fixed within 2 or 3 days.  This time it's been going on for longer.  I get it on my phone, tablet and PC.  Just try again.  Sometimes it works immediately afterwards and sometimes you have to give it a few minutes. It may be a denial of service attack, but I doubt we'll ever know :-(

Message 3 of 11 (28,606 Views)

Can't edit my previous post.  I meant POP3, not SMTP!

Message 4 of 11 (28,596 Views)

I have been experiencing the same fault for over a week now. The annoying problem is im getting though is when the phone is locked during the night, and it happens, it starts illuminating the blue led light which wakes me up. Anyone know how to stop the led light coming on when the sign in failed appears in the notification bar?

Cheers 

Message 5 of 11 (28,576 Views)
Rank 42: Oracle I

You can turn the LED off from > settings > LED Indicator.

Banner.png

Message 6 of 11 (28,565 Views)

[ Edited ]

thanks for your messages guys.  if this is happening to others then will it sort itself out once yahoo have fixed problem with their server?  also im not familiar with IMAP/POP settings as not had to alter them with any other phone so i dont want to do something and make a mess of it!  any more feed back would be welcome!

Message 7 of 11 (28,560 Views)

Led option is all unticked yet still get the flashing. Same for when a text msg comes through. Guess it's another bug with the firmware.
Message 8 of 11 (28,546 Views)

Don't worry about your settings.  If it worked before and you can still get on sometimes, it's fine.  The servers seem to be a bit better now, but they still have the odd outage.

You an always try setting the service up from scratch again if you think the settings have been corrupted.  Go in Manage Applications, choose and look on the tab next to Downloaded (can't remember what it's called) and find the Email client. Open it and press Clear Data.  This will remove all your settings.  Then go back to the client and set it up again.  It will auto detect the correct settings for the service and download all your emails - note that anything that you had on the phone but not on the server will be lost.

Message 9 of 11 (28,510 Views)
Rank 18: Instructor II

gianniteamturbo wrote:
Led option is all unticked yet still get the flashing. Same for when a text msg comes through. Guess it's another bug with the firmware.

Pull down the front screen and tap notofications. This turns off ALL notifications though...

Sometimes the simple answer is overlooked because it's technology that's complicated!
Message 10 of 11 (28,492 Views)

hi, ok so i was having the same problem but with my email app that is pre-downloaded i think. What i did was i changed my password from a computer and ever since i changed it i started getting sign in failed. so when i clicke dthe sign in failed it lead me to re-enter my email and password. when i entered my password i eneterd it wrong there it kept saying sign in failed. so after searching and searching and deleting the hotmail app a million times i found out that it was like general EMAIL app that was sending me these messages so i went to that app and it opens up my hotmail mail. then i go to the options button and then settings and under added accounts i chose my hotmail account, i guess you would choose ur yahoo account. then i scrolled to the very bottom and it says exchange server settings. there is will give u the option to enter ur password but the username can't be changed. so i entered passsword then i clicked done at the bottom. and it worked! so try it. hope it works out for u!

Message 11 of 11 (26,819 Views)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Stand out from the crowd