You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 4: Established Poster
kennyl

yellow warning sign and thermometer!

Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem? According to vodafone its water damage which is rubbish. Please help.

Message 1 of 8 (4,552 Views)
Rank 41: Professor V
thesoupdragon

Re: yellow warning sign and thermometer!

I believe it's the USB board which the charging socket is connected to internally. (well documented fault)

However if the moisture strips on the phone have changed colour that will indicate that the phone may not have been submerged in water, but could have been in a high humidity enviroment.

Vodafone's Warranty is Void if these moisture strips have changed colour.

The good news is you have 2 year Manufacturer Warranty with Samsung. They don't check the moisture strips and will repair the usb board free under Warranty, unless their has been deliberate damage! i.e pushing a screw driver into the socket, lol.

You can find your nearest Samsung Service Centre HERE

Or search Google for an Authorised Samsung Repair Centre.

halloweenSig.png

Message 2 of 8 (4,548 Views)
kennyl

can you please inform me of where these water strips are on galaxy s2 as have had a look and cant see anything? thanks

Message 3 of 8 (4,543 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
SynthFG

Moisture strips are common on all handsets and are always inside the device, 

tearing it apart to find them will void the warenty 

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Message 4 of 8 (4,537 Views)
kennyl

find it strange that everything in these fourms point out taking it to manufacturer when you take out your contract you take it out with vodafone not samsung.

Message 5 of 8 (4,534 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
Northern-dj

[ Edited ]

kennyl wrote:

find it strange that everything in these fourms point out taking it to manufacturer when you take out your contract you take it out with vodafone not Samsung.

This is so true but with a samsung device you get two Guarantees which is nice !!!!!

some people take out Vodafone insurance as well. 

Now if you have the insurance your phone has to go to Vodafone other wise your insurance is void.

But Samsung has a massive sevice centre outlets that can sort alot of phones out on site 

This can be better in some cases for some and faster if they need it fixing 

also there are alot that have Non contract un locked devices bought from internet sites that have no repair service 

But are still welcome on here, if a Vodafone user wants and needs to send there device back they can and a moderator will post the link to sort that out 

Message 6 of 8 (4,518 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Woppy

[ Edited ]

kennyl wrote:

find it strange that everything in these fourms point out taking it to manufacturer when you take out your contract you take it out with vodafone not samsung.

Indeed your contract would be with Vodafone and that would be great if you wanted to take your phone back and under your statuary rights ask for a replacement or refund......

However if you would like your phone repaired instead then experience say's you need to avoid the Vodafone in house repair service like the plague and instead go direct to Samsung for the repair

Message 7 of 8 (4,514 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Hi kennyl

You have already posted around this and it can be found here

Please do not post this multiple times across multiple threads as this is against the eForum Terms and Conditions something you agreed upon when joining.

As soon as an advisor is available they will be along to help :smileyhappy:

Thanks
Matt

Message 8 of 8 (4,495 Views)