Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken Z1 screen. Please read :(

Joebologna
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys, wondered if you could help me..
Basically I woke up this morning and the screen of my xperia Z1 was smashed, a lot. Before I went to sleep I put it on my table by my bed as I normally do and it was fine, then I wake up to this.. 

I only had it in December so I'm guessing it still has warrenty, but apparently the warrenty won't cover this?

I've taken a lot of care since I had it, It's always stayed in a case and I've always had a screen protector on it.

Also, How can I acess files from it on my computer? I've tried plugging it in but it says I need to unlock the phone first, which I obviously can't do cause although the screen is fully visable, it won't work at all. 

Please help! I don't mind paying to have it fixed, I just really need the photos, videos, contacts, internet bookmarks, etc :Sad_face:

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Joebologna, 

There's a number of ways to back your phone up but unfortunately, if the screen won't work at all then it's not going to be possible. 

Details on arranging a repair can be found here

Kay

45GBin18days
4: Newbie

Using a powered usb cable you could of plugged a mouse in and transferred pictures to sdcard

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your contacts ought to be synchronsed with Google - go into Gmail and click the drop-down just above the Compose button on the left.  if they're there, you're OK.

The rest of the stuff may be gone as repair centres won't normally back the device up first and the unresponsive screen is a problem anyway.  It's always best to set photos to back up to a cloud service such as Dropbox or Google+.  Having the file in only one place is risky.  Sorry to tell you this after the event!  Some browsers have a log-in and synchronise option (Chrome, Firefox and Opera, for instance) but, again, you need to have done that previously.