Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Camera has stopped working on Xperia z2

adamshep
3: Seeker
Hi, has anyone else experienced a camera failure on a Xperia z2? Had the phone a couple weeks and now the camera has stopped working completely and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Please note I am not talking about it overheating when filming in 4K, mine refuses to even open the camera app.

I have reset the phone (both by the red button and by the combination of volume and power keys) and I have also restored factory settings and it is still not responding
9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi adamshep, 

If a factory reset hasn't fixed the issue then this does sound like a fault with the phone. 

Details on arranging a repair can be found here. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay

I've had the phone replaced this morning in Store, I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this as I was aware of the issues with the 4K video and overheating but hadn't seen anyone else where the camera had stopped entirely

Thanks

I too have this problem.  The rear camera is completely dead - the front camera still works, although switching between the two takes many seconds.

This is on a new phone that is not even six days old.

I am taking it back to the shop tomorrow.  If I'm told it has to be sent away for repair (rather than replaced there and then) I will be extremely unhappy.

The manager at Sale Vodafone swapped it for a new one, without fuss.  Good service from him, I'm quietly impressed.

Likewise with mine, it was swopped without question (obviously once i had demonstrated the issue to them).  Its certainly not Vodafone's fault that equipment goes faulty but i would've expected better from Sony on a flagship product

jellybean99
The camera has stopped working for me too. It has to be sent away for repair rather than replaced!! But I've only had it for over a month!

Hi @jellybean99

We’ll take a look at the phone under warranty and get this fixed for you.

You can keep updated with its progress by using track my repair.

Cheers,

Laura

jellybean99
Got my z2 back, after 3 days the camera stopped working again! Back to repairs again! Vodafone refused to replace it unless it can't be repaired. Getting a bit fed up now, have to put up with this handset for 2 years!

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If it worked when it came back, the repair centre clearly thought they'd fixed it.  If it fails a third time, I'd go direct to Sony as they may have a better idea of what's wrong.   They're also more likely to have a more liberal replacement policy.