Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can i tell anywhere what firmware Voda are testing

flipside
4: Newbie

With sony releasing then 23.4.A.1.200 and then 23.4.A.1.232 releases for the z3c in the last few weeks Voda looks to be the only UK carrier still on the older .580 firmware. Is there a page on this site that shows upcoming firmware and release dates ?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Vodafone Firmware Statement

The link explains the Networks Stance on Firmware Information. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So to boil that down

"it ships when it ships" theres nothing to confirm if they are even working on them. WHats Voda's policy on length of time to support OEM updates ?

BandOfBrothers

@flipside wrote:

So to boil that down

"it ships when it ships" theres nothing to confirm if they are even working on them. WHats Voda's policy on length of time to support OEM updates ?

As per the link

"When will the update be available?

As above, there are a number of factors which influence a release date. This means we can’t give a date - even an estimate would often change. "

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

yeah i get that hence the ship when itships thing, how about the other question. how long does voda support oem updates ?

MickieH
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

You can see which firmwares are certified for your device on the PTCRB website. This is not Vodafone specific, but rather device specific. It is useful to see which firmware is latest/due for possible release.

https://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/complete_request.cfm?tab=Certified

Scroll down to Sony, and find your device model number. You will then see the list of firmwares, and the dates they were certified.

If you wish to see what firrmwares are currently available for download from the Sony servers, then I'd recommend downloading a program called XperiFirm (for Windows). The link can be found as an attachment in the first post in this topic on the XDA developers forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/pc-xperifirm-xperia-firmware-downloader-t283414...

Install, run, pick your device, check now, and it will show you available firmwares for it, by region, and branding, sorted by newest firmware release.

By using XperiFirm you will be able to see when the unbranded firmware is released, shown as, for example, 'UK Customised', and also the carrier specific firmware.

You can use XperiFirm to download firmwares, and I do this frequently, but it does take a little tech knowledge to create the flashable .ftf file. If you wish to go any further than just looking to see what is current, I'd spend some time on the XDA forums and do some reading.

Neither of these will predict when Vodafone will update their firmwares exactly, but if you keep checking XperiFirm, you can see the progression of firmware updates, and you can often make an educated guess as to when you're going to get an update.

Just as a note, I never flash carrier specific firmwares, I often flash the generic, unbranded, or 'Customised' firmwares, and sometimes even the Central European customised firmware because they always seem to get the updates before the UK.

My Z3, for example, is currently running the Central European 23.4.A.1.232 which hasn't been released in the UK yet. Only difference is the network symbol for 4G. In that firmware it says LTE, but it's exactly the same thing.

I hope this information proves useful.

Regards,

Mick.

MickieH:

Thanks! I like the 'LTE' symbol instead of the '4G' symbol on the mobile phones.