Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't make outgoing calls

PhilKn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

For some reason my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is not able to make outgoing calls. It tries but at the point of dialling makes a soft beep and returns to the phone book app. I have rebooted the phone a couple of times. 

I have checked the Call Barring  options and see that All Outgoing calls is disabled and this menu item is greyed out.

What can it be?

Please don't point me to the 'Live help' page. You're presented with options, such as private/busines, monthly or PAYG and device manufacturer etc. etc. but to no end. I have spent half an hour trying unsuccessfully to find or get to the live chat link or some means of contacting you.

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When you say "rebooted", do you mean restarted or a full factory reset?   The latter is a bit of a pain as you'll have to set the phone up again, but may be the next thing required.

It might be worth dropping into a Vodafone shop, or a branch of Carphone Warehouse that has their Geek Squad.   If it's something simple, they may be able to fix it for you.   The soft beep thing almost sounds like a network issue, so I take it you've also tried in different locations?

Yes, I restarted it rather than factory reset! I'll visit our local Vodafone store today and also perhaps the change of location may shed some light if it is a network issue.

Thanks for the help.