Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot send MMS ( picture ) messages

NicolaClarey
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Xperia Z3 compact and cannot send MMS ( picture ) Message. I have asked for the code and done it maually but it still won't work. Getting very frustrated with it and now thinking about going back to my Samsung Galaxy. 

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Check your APN's or text web to 40127

You need mobile data turned on in your settings too.

Tap the Menu button
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless and networks or More... (depending on your version of Android)
Tap Mobile Networks
Tap Access point names
Tap the Menu button
Tap New APN
Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Name - Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
MMS Port - 8799
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - If given a choice, select internet+mms, if the keyboard appears enter *
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the Menu button
Tap Save
Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it
Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working

If that does not work then ask customer service to re provision your account for MMS.

Be aware they are not part of your text allowance and are chargeable.

I use email as they are free and can send bigger files as MMS are restricted

Or if the recipients have them downloaded use BBM , viber or Whatsapp.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Have you ever been able to send MMS on the Vodafone network?   If so, is the Z3 is an upgrade from the Samsung you mention?  It's possible that MMS isn't provisioned on your account (either from scratch or in the upgrade process).   Talk to Live Help and ask them to check that's provisioned if the correct APN appears to be installed.

Yes always able to send them on my Samsung. Will try them thank you.

Hi

Are you at least getting a 3G Data Signal to send them from your phone ?

It could be a glitch - Try turning your Phone Off and On to reset it.

Current Phone  >

This is the official link from Sony on MMS.

Maybe something in it can help http://support.sonymobile.com/ca-en/xperiaz3compact/userguide/Internet-and-messaging-settings/

Current Phone  >

Yes have enough signal. Have tried switching if off and on and have tried been on the sony website and still nothing. Have tried ringing customer support but keep getting cut off. Getting really fed up now. 

How frustrating.

Process of elimination: Can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault.

Current Phone  >

Finally got hold of customer support and sent the setting by text again. Tried it once again and still nothing. Will try my other phone tomorrow as just had enough with it today. 

AnnS

@NicolaClarey

By default MMS is disabled on new and upgraded account.  As your network provider, Vodafone need to provision MMS on your account.

If you use web chat or call Customer Services, they will be able to enable MMS on your number.

An alternative to using MMS is WhatsApp or Viber where the message goes through the internet.  

If you would like to send MMS, Vodafone offer a picture messages pack which is 100 MMS for £2.50.  Please see below.

Vodafone Extras