Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contacts

Suze88
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am receiving messages from contacts but showing numbers only - all the contact names have disappeared and the phone contact section shows 'no contacts'.  This happened overnight!  All ok yesterday - turned on this morning and could see numbers only. How do I reinstate the names?

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, what phone do you have?

I have a Sony - I think it's a tipo?  Does that sound right?  It's not new!

63johnw
Assuming its Android. Go to settings, accounts, press the google one, then press where the email name is and a list should open up, make sure contacts is ticked and then sync the account.

Thank you - I did all that - still saying 'no contacts', but I am still able to send and receive messages!!  I have been told to go to a Vodafone tec store to have it sorted - oh well - that's a train trip then!

hrym

This sounds a bit like a memory issue.  How's the available space on your device?   You may need to delete some content or an app or two, or maybe clear old SMS and call logs.   If you can do that, try it again - it sounds as though the contacts are there, but that there aren't the resources to display them.   You could also try logging into your Google account on a PC and seeing if your contacts are on the website OK.   If they are, go into your Google dashboard and back them up, just for security.

Thanks for your help - I shall now do all that!.  For the time being, I have retrieved the important numbers from elsewhere and re-entered them as contacts.  So far, they are still there.

hrym

Good luck!   Remember: your contacts are important, so always keep a backup (I have them on an sd card, my PC, a network drive and two cloud accounts...)

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Suze88,

There's been some great advice given here by @hrym and @63johnw.

Please keep us updated and ensure all of your information is backed up.

DaveCD