Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Deleting App

Brian2412
4: Newbie
Hi, I've an Xperia Z2 and am having problems removing the National Lottery App. I've tried holding it to remove it, and I've checked my apps via my apps and can find no way of removing it from my phone.
Any ideas would be great to get this removed once and for all.
6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion

If there's no Uninstall option, you're probably stuck with it.  Did it come pre-installed, or did you add it later?   If later, you could try emailing the developer via Google Play.

(Just a thought - you're looking for the uninstall option via Settings|Apps and not via Google Play, aren't you?  Sorry - obvious, but y'never know...)

Brian2412
4: Newbie
It never came pre installed, I installed it myself. It doesn't even show up on my apps list in either Google play or in settings apps

hrym

Some apps appear in the apps list with a slightly different name to the one that shows up in the app drawer.   I've had a quick look on Google Play and can't see an official lottery app, but there's a wide variety of them.   If you do the same search, can you recognise the icon and get the full app title that way?

thesoupdragon

It could be cached content, have you restarted the Phone?

Failing thatyou could use a File manager and go into   / Android/Data   and delete the Folder for "National Lottery"

63johnw
Hi. If you installed it you should be able to go to settings, apps, make sure you on the all tab, scroll til you find it open it and there should be the option to uninstall.

Lou1509
8: Helper
8: Helper
Hello.... The national lottery app is no longer on the play store as it is deemed to be a gambling app so is only available via the national lottery website.... so maybe contact them to ask how to uninstall it.... hope this helps